Weber Kettle cleaning?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'd worry about chipping the ceramic off with too much localized high-temp heat like the flame thrower.

But what do I know? I've had my weber kettle for years and never cleaned the inside. Scoop out hot coals to extinguish and re-use. Brush the rest through the daisy in the bottom into the kettle. Then when cool shake the whole thing upside down in the grass.

The heat of the next cook will kill anything of any concern. (I don't do much low&slow in the kettle.)

The grates get wire-brushed before and after each cook. Yes, inspect them carefully before cooking for wires dislodged from the brush. I've found one on occasion and I certainly believe they could do a number to your innards if eaten with your meat. Good excuse to have good lighting wherever you cook.

K Kuniyosh Here's a couple of pics. Hopefully it makes more sense now.

IMG_3664.jpg
IMG_3665.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky