Weber changed the iGrill App and it Sucks!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Weber changed the app. Used to be able to set a range alarm like 225-235. Alarm would sound if it went above or below. That feature is now gone.

Can only set each probe for a single temp, lowest setting you can set it for is 100. Highest is 200 for alarms.

I sent a complaint in to them. Hopefully They will listen.

Also Connectivity has been an issue since Weber took over and revised the app.

May have to look hard at the Fireboard therm.

I have been having the worst connectivity, I can be 10ft away from the thing. Not through any walls or anything, and go in and the out of service.

And I am a bit dissapointed in the app as well. I would like to be able to look back at my cooks and temp graphs! Come on Weber!!

OK.  So it's 5am in New England and thanks to the new app I have to stay up to hit my temps of 205 instead of comfortably sleeping and having the alarm wake me up.  I'M PISSED, GROUCHY, TIRED etc.  Weber should've stuck to what it does best, build great smokers and grills.  The downfall of so many companies is to get into the electronic side of things while not having a clue.  Brisket's at 202.  I'll definitely be watching the sunrise this morning.  Weber TAKE DOWN THE NEW APP AND THROW THE OLD ONE BACK UP!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that something good got all messed up.

At least for Android, there are some websites that will make old versions of apps available. Sometimes your phone might also have an old copy, if you are using some backup software.

So there might be a way to use a previous, better version again.

I know apple has an update that has either released in the past few weeks or is releasing in the next few that is causing many apps to go away or have to be redesigned.  I work with alarm systems and we received notice that the update would not support one of the apps being used and only the newer designed app would work because of that.  If it works properly, leave it alone.  I hate updates.

Totally agree, the new igrill app sucks, and im fed up at looking at weber adverts before getting to grilling.

Just bought the thermometer 2 months ago, and now they change the app without asking if i want a new one.

normally apps are improved, this is really a step backward.

in celcius temp only up to 95 deg, which is useless when baking bread.

every probe needs to get activated individually

Temperature graphs can only be seen one at a time, and if you swich you loose the previous data.

Come on weber you can do much better than that.

Please roll back, or give us the option to choose to old app.

regards from Denmark

Yep way bad move on Weber part! Hate this new app and no way to go back to the old one.

Last edited:
Good info even if it is disappointing.
Thanks for the post and comments guys. You just saved me from a purchase I was considering that it sounds like I would have been disappointed with.

Walt

Hello everyone,

How to get an old app for Android.

Search for "Weber iGrill APK" or similar searches in google.  Just make sure you have APK in the search.  Follow the links and download the APK that best suits your needs (on your phone).  I found all sorts of versions.  I went with the one that originally worked when i bought my setup.  Now, set your phone security to allow installs from "unknown sources", go to your downloads folder and select the apk and install.  You may need to first uninstall the useless "new" web igrill app before you install the "old" working app.  Now go into Play Store to the weber igrill app and mark the app to no longer auto update.  To find the setting to disable auto update, look for the 3 vertical dots in the right hand corner when you are on the weber igrill app page and select them.  Enjoy!

If you are having trouble doing this and have kids, just have them do it for you.

Regards,

CoRnMeAl ...

I am smoking pork belly burnt ends for the first time today. I'm only using the ambient probe so I was surprised when I fired up the app to find out that I can't set up my own temp range. I have sent Weber support a message. I,cannot believe they would take such a great product and ruin it the way they did with this app update.

I am smoking pork belly burnt ends for the first time today. I'm only using the ambient probe so I was surprised when I fired up the app to find out that I can't set up my own temp range. I have sent Weber support a message. I,cannot believe they would take such a great product and ruin it the way they did with this app update.

Grill by temperature? Mine has it.

Yeah, I saw that. What I used to do with the old app is set a range, such as 225-250, for my ambient probe. There is no option for this now. No more going to sleep and letting the alarm wake you up,if your temp gets too high or drops too low. My igrill2 used to be the best BBQ tool I had.

Ah I see what you're saying. That would be helpful.

Weber has replied back to my complaints. Supposedly over the next several weeks they will be posting additional updates that will bring back the range feature, higher temp settings.

Time will tell I guess.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky