We Already Knew This

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Norwester55

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 1, 2018
Oregon
Didn't we? Brisket is a health food.
eta I just noticed the article is a couple years old.

"Ground beef produced from the brisket contains high levels of oleic acid, which increases levels of HDL or good cholesterol in humans, Smith told beef producers at the recent 62nd Texas A&M Beef Cattle Short Course held at Texas A&M University in College Station.

That’s good news as the popularity of Texas barbecue as well as overall ground beef consumption continues to increase annually.

“Brisket has higher oleic acid than the flank or plate, which are the trims typically used to produce ground beef,” he said. “The fat in brisket also has a low melting point, that’s why the brisket is so juicy. That’s also why we like it so much here in Texas, and it’s by far the most popular choice for Texas barbecue."
https://today.agrilife.org/2016/08/.../?hootPostID=1483ce6c04e6213ddea5cee7742b8726

Last edited:
Eggs bad, Beef good...
Beef bad, Eggs good...
My Cardio doc sez all beef bad, go vegan...

I think I'll listen to my tongue, and die happy.

They say excersize, I say why wear out the chassis prematurely?
So you can sell me hips and knee joints?

Reactions: Norwester55
These food studies are like weather reports, I just go with the ones I like and ignore the others.

I think Weather Forecasters are failed Doctors.
I'm going to take my dogs advice and go see a vet.
My dog tells me the same thing. They'll give you a dog biscuit if you're good too.

The lady doctor I see now is pretty good though. I mentioned meat and cheese smoking today and expected to get the cholesterol/nitrites/cancer lecture but she spent 5 minutes going on about what a great smoker setup they had when they lived in Montana and how much she misses it. I'm gonna take her some smoked cheese and bacon next week. Never hurts to suck up a bit!

Everything in moderation ... except cookies, I have no self control when it comes to good cookies. I wonder how smoked chocolate chip cookies would be ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky