Wagyu steak/black truffle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneckviddles

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 2, 2019
I have never had Wagyu steak and would like to try with some family coming into town and they are fellow meat lovers. Are their any mail order places that somebody could recommend? I actually see Sam’s club has it from time to time, but not sure how it is but most of their meat is pretty good in my opinion.

Also i would like to try a mac and cheese that requires black truffle, im splurging for the company but not sure where to buy, any souces?

Thanks

Be careful. Most of the Wagyu labeled beef in the US is not pure bred and is a cross. There's only a few ranches with a pure line if that matters to you.

Reactions: kilo charlie
I have never had Wagyu steak and would like to try with some family coming into town and they are fellow meat lovers. Are their any mail order places that somebody could recommend? I actually see Sam’s club has it from time to time, but not sure how it is but most of their meat is pretty good in my opinion.

Also i would like to try a mac and cheese that requires black truffle, im splurging for the company but not sure where to buy, any souces?

Thanks
Snake river farms (I dont think is pure bred but have seen it mentioned on the BBQ shows) I have ordered from them and had good service

Last edited:
you will hemorrhage cash for wagyu. Piedmontese has great beef of all kinds. thats about the only online place I buy beef. I cant deal with the costs of others.

Reactions: sawhorseray
I have seen it occasionally at my local Costco, the American cross breed of course, not true wagyu.

Thanks
Check out Crowd Cow or Wild Fork websites - you can get true A5 Japanese Wagyu or American crossbred which is damn damn tasty too. I’ve had A5 brisket and tenderloin from crowd cow - quite the experience. Great CS as well. Post some pics!

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Wild fork is also very good. They do mail order but also have walk in locations in Florida. They sell A5 Waygu ribeye but expensive.

At $130 for a ribeye steak I reckon that'd be the last thing I buy before getting hit with divorce papers! RAY

That it is Ray that it is. But my wife did say once “I will always love you, no matter what.” 🤔

Reactions: sawhorseray
I’m not opposed to somewhere in the middle, an American cross would be fine if the price point made more sense, having never had it at all, i think it would still be enjoyable

At $130 for a ribeye steak I reckon that'd be the last thing I buy before getting hit with divorce papers! RAY
Yeah believe me the 15lb packer I bought is highly classified
I’m not opposed to somewhere in the middle, an American cross would be fine if the price point made more sense, having never had it at all, i think it would still be enjoyable
Yeah i can assure you it will be fantastic beef

I've been Drooling over the Crowd Cow Japanese A5 Rib Cap Roast for some time. Every time I'm ready to open a dialogue with my Accountant, something more demanding of the funds comes up. Someday that A5 and some Real Fresh Wasabi will be mine!...JJ😆

If you are splurging and going all out go with pure bred not hybrid. Night and day difference.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky