Wagyu Bergers - Best Method

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AA-Ron_W

Original poster
Jan 24, 2022
Over the pandemic I found and fell in love with cooking A5 Wagyu steaks at home. I've now ordered enough that they send me free ground wagyu beef with my orders, so I guess its time to make some bergers. Anyone have experience with this? Thoughts on the best preperation method? Straight grill over charcoal sounds good but might lose too much of the fat/juiciness. Seared in cast iron could preseve the juices, but seems like it wouldn't add as much flavor as charcoal or even a treager.

I do not have any experience with A5, but I sure am jealous!!
Al
Happy to make some reccomendations if you're ready to dabble ;)
I highly reccomend it, worth every penny of $100 to $150 to get started.

If you are cooking those to more of a medium than a well done then I would think charcoal would give you a little more flavor but I don't have any experience with Wagyu.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky