Wagyu Brisket - Best I've Ever Had (w/ pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lord have mercy on me and my sin of great envy. That looks off-the-charts delicious. Now you went and ruined Costco briskets forever.
Only wagyu I've ever cooked, but if they are anything like this one, it is worth the money!
Awesome brisket!
It looks absolutely delicious!
Hard to beat those SRF briskets!
Al
Thanks, Al! It was a beautiful cut of meat.
Fantastic !!
Thank you!
Very nice job!! I keep hearing about the Wagyu briskets and have been considering ordering one to do for Memorial Day. I think this just made the final decision to go ahead and pull the trigger. Well done!!

Robert
You won't regret it!

Out of the park looking brisket. Great Job!!!

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you, Chris!
Outstanding looking Brisket!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
I appreciate it, Bear!
Nice work. SRF briskets are hard to beat.
I don't know how I'll go back to box store briskets, or how I'll financially handle being an SRF guy now :D
Looks like you nailed it! Best part is it's not all gone so you get to enjoy more of it!

Ryan
Absolutely agree--love leftovers! Thanks, Ryan!

Trimmed it up with a bit more aggressive trim than I usually do to get a more rounded/aerodynamic shape (still more to learn here haha).

I'd love to see your trim pics... (if you took any)
I like the way you kind of rounded it.

Anyway, AWESOME JOB, That satisfied some serious appetites I'm sure.
worthy.gif

I'd love to see your trim pics... (if you took any)
I like the way you kind of rounded it.

Anyway, AWESOME JOB, That satisfied some serious appetites I'm sure.
View attachment 631539
I whiffed on trim pics, but can tell you my favorite trim videos are Aaron Franklin and Jirby BBQ on YouTube.
Not sure how I overlooked this but that is one bomb ass looking brisket. Nice work bud
Thanks, Jake!

Reactions: eaglewing
OH, BTW, I also have a frozen one I wanna do soon, how long did it take to thaw??? I take it you just went from the freezer to the frig?

That brisket looks awesome!

I have read a few threads now where someone was anxious about smoking an SRF brisket.

Finally went to check the site out. Now I understand the pucker factor haha.

Well done

I have to admit, when I first looked at the pics, I thought you had sliced with the grain. I can see that it is just the unique marbling that made it seem that way.

Looks very tasty.

Smoked my first ever wagyu brisket while the in-laws were in town since my father-in-law likes to smoke meat occasionally himself. The brisket was about 13# from Snake River Farm. I'm embarrassed to say how long it'd been in my deep freezer--I got it as a gift from my boss (who is from Central Texas and taught me how to BBQ) for Christmas 2020! I was so nervous to find the right time and not ruin it that I kept passing it over and cooking other stuff. I finally got up the nerve since it had been so long and we had some extra mouths to feed who would appreciate it. Somehow it still looked and smelled great, and the results speak for themselves.

Trimmed it up with a bit more aggressive trim than I usually do to get a more rounded/aerodynamic shape (still more to learn here haha). Took the fat down to about 1/4 inch everywhere best I could too. Vacuum sealed the meaty trimmings to use for chili, and piled up the fat in an aluminum pan in the oven at 250 to render some tallow.

I seasoned the brisket with Meat Church Holy Cow--one of my favorites on any cut of beef, and popped it on the Camp Chef Woodwind with comp blend pellets on hi smoke 220 at about 7pm. I've had better luck running them low and slow on this setting, so I stuck with it. To help keep the smoker clean I put a large foil pan under the brisket which was up on a rack for air flow. Ran it low and slow all the way until 8am the next morning when my Meater probe said it was still hovering in the 160s. The bark was already pretty dark, so I wrapped in butcher paper and cranked the temp up to 300 to get it done with some rest time before lunch. I added some of the rendered tallow on top of the brisket before I wrapped. I didn't spritz at all (on account of going to sleep), and running that hi smoke on it that long makes for a pretty dry bark. I figured the tallow would add some moisture and soften up the bark just a touch without making it soggy (thanks to Jirby BBQ of Goldee's fame who gave this tip for resting beef ribs on the Meat Church YouTube channel ). After about another 3 hours it was 200 in the thick part of the flat and 190ish in the point and probing like butter with no resistance at all. I pulled it off to rest and held it in a previously warm oven turned off until the temp dropped to 150.

I have to say this was not only the best brisket I've ever cooked, it was the best one I'd ever eaten too--though I haven't been to the best spots in Texas. It drew rave reviews and plenty of exclamations to a higher power, and pretty soon we were all in a beef coma :emoji_laughing:. The slices out of the flat were so moist and ended up being plenty of food, so the best part is I've got the point cut in half and vac sealed in the freezer when I need my fix again! There was not a thing I'd change about this one--it was simply perfect for my taste. I think I about could have cooked this beauty high heat over easy light charcoal and it would still have tasted good as the quality was unreal. I'll have to come up with an excuse and the money to splurge on one again. Enjoy the pics, thanks for looking!
View attachment 631109View attachment 631110View attachment 631111View attachment 631112View attachment 631113
I am smoking an 18# Brisket from Snake River this weekend. This is perfect timing. Great job.

Beautiful slab of meat. You sure did it up proper.
Gary
Thank you, Gary!
OH, BTW, I also have a frozen one I wanna do soon, how long did it take to thaw??? I take it you just went from the freezer to the frig?
It took about 3 days in the fridge to (mostly) thaw out, faster than I expected!
That brisket looks awesome!

I have read a few threads now where someone was anxious about smoking an SRF brisket.

Finally went to check the site out. Now I understand the pucker factor haha.

Well done
Luckily this one was a gift, so I didn't have my own cash invested haha
I have to admit, when I first looked at the pics, I thought you had sliced with the grain. I can see that it is just the unique marbling that made it seem that way.

Looks very tasty.
My slicer left those long knife strokes that I bet are what you are seeing. Seems like it is time to sharpen it haha.
I am smoking an 18# Brisket from Snake River this weekend. This is perfect timing. Great job.
Hope it turned out great!
That looks amazing. I did a Wagyu once. It was out of this world.
It's amazing the quality difference. I could have cooked this thing at 400 degrees dry in the oven and it'd have been great.

Smoked my first ever wagyu brisket while the in-laws were in town since my father-in-law likes to smoke meat occasionally himself. The brisket was about 13# from Snake River Farm. I'm embarrassed to say how long it'd been in my deep freezer--I got it as a gift from my boss (who is from Central Texas and taught me how to BBQ) for Christmas 2020! I was so nervous to find the right time and not ruin it that I kept passing it over and cooking other stuff. I finally got up the nerve since it had been so long and we had some extra mouths to feed who would appreciate it. Somehow it still looked and smelled great, and the results speak for themselves.

Trimmed it up with a bit more aggressive trim than I usually do to get a more rounded/aerodynamic shape (still more to learn here haha). Took the fat down to about 1/4 inch everywhere best I could too. Vacuum sealed the meaty trimmings to use for chili, and piled up the fat in an aluminum pan in the oven at 250 to render some tallow.

I seasoned the brisket with Meat Church Holy Cow--one of my favorites on any cut of beef, and popped it on the Camp Chef Woodwind with comp blend pellets on hi smoke 220 at about 7pm. I've had better luck running them low and slow on this setting, so I stuck with it. To help keep the smoker clean I put a large foil pan under the brisket which was up on a rack for air flow. Ran it low and slow all the way until 8am the next morning when my Meater probe said it was still hovering in the 160s. The bark was already pretty dark, so I wrapped in butcher paper and cranked the temp up to 300 to get it done with some rest time before lunch. I added some of the rendered tallow on top of the brisket before I wrapped. I didn't spritz at all (on account of going to sleep), and running that hi smoke on it that long makes for a pretty dry bark. I figured the tallow would add some moisture and soften up the bark just a touch without making it soggy (thanks to Jirby BBQ of Goldee's fame who gave this tip for resting beef ribs on the Meat Church YouTube channel ). After about another 3 hours it was 200 in the thick part of the flat and 190ish in the point and probing like butter with no resistance at all. I pulled it off to rest and held it in a previously warm oven turned off until the temp dropped to 150.

I have to say this was not only the best brisket I've ever cooked, it was the best one I'd ever eaten too--though I haven't been to the best spots in Texas. It drew rave reviews and plenty of exclamations to a higher power, and pretty soon we were all in a beef coma :emoji_laughing:. The slices out of the flat were so moist and ended up being plenty of food, so the best part is I've got the point cut in half and vac sealed in the freezer when I need my fix again! There was not a thing I'd change about this one--it was simply perfect for my taste. I think I about could have cooked this beauty high heat over easy light charcoal and it would still have tasted good as the quality was unreal. I'll have to come up with an excuse and the money to splurge on one again. Enjoy the pics, thanks for looking!
View attachment 631109View attachment 631110View attachment 631111View attachment 631112View attachment 631113
I'm salivating over here. That looks amazing. Always been on my bucket list to smoke a SRF brisket. Thanks for sharing!

Well done tander28 tander28 you created a perfect looking brisket! SRF is a great supplier of wagyu. I have smoked the Black and Gold grades, both have their own characteristics. Hard to go wrong with either. They do tend to finish a bit quicker than Choice or Prime.

Very nice job!! I keep hearing about the Wagyu briskets and have been considering ordering one to do for Memorial Day. I think this just made the final decision to go ahead and pull the trigger. Well done!!

Robert
tx smoker tx smoker Robert, you haven't done one of these? Oh man, you gotta get off the bench and go smoke one. Guarantee, you'll create a masterpiece. Let this be the pondering while enjoying the next pool time margarita. BTW, check your PM.

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky