Vortex whole chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Chris, that looks supreme!! Absolutely beautiful buddy. One of the most perfectly cooked chickens I've seen. Very well done sir.

Robert

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks Great, Chris!! Like
Strong Storm is hitting us right now.
Get your head down---Might be heading your way in a bit.
I guess we'll be losing Power soon---Might as well---Can't hear TV with all the noise!!

Bear

That bird looks delicious! And that reminds me...I bought some of those stands on an auction last year...hhhmmmm, where did I hide them? You have me motivated to give this a go.

Ryan

1653333685962.png

Good looking chicken. I'm with you on the carving skills (although yours are better than mine). My carving looks like it was done with a chainsaw!
Jim

That is some nice chicken there! Congrats!
Thanks Civil. I don't do whole birds often, but that may change quick like.
Very nicely done, Chris. I have an upcoming date with a couple yard birds and I really need to get me a vortex...
Appreciate it Gonna. The Vortex is just so darn versatile. It's almost a sin not to have one if you own a kettle.

Chris

Looks awesome Chris, nice cook on that bird! Congrats on the carousel ride!
Thanks Justin, Sometimes I surprise myself.

Chris, that looks supreme!! Absolutely beautiful buddy. One of the most perfectly cooked chickens I've seen. Very well done sir.

Robert
Thank you most kindly Robert. This time I got lucky.

Chris

Looks Great, Chris!! Like
Strong Storm is hitting us right now.
Get your head down---Might be heading your way in a bit.
I guess we'll be losing Power soon---Might as well---Can't hear TV with all the noise!!

Bear
Appreciate it John. We got hit with the storm, but it wasn't to bad. No power loss here thank god.

That bird looks delicious! And that reminds me...I bought some of those stands on an auction last year...hhhmmmm, where did I hide them? You have me motivated to give this a go.

Ryan
Find them and dust them off Ryan. They do work well. The nice thing about them is - if you notice a hot spot on your grill. With the aide of some insulated gloves you can easily rotate your chicken for even cooking.

Chris.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Some great looking bird there Chris, pass me a plate please!
Thanks xray, I surely will if you don't mind frozen. The leftovers will be made into a pot pie at a later date.
Great looking bird on the outside and the inside . Like Rich chopsaw chopsaw said , outside sealed , inside juicy.

Congrats on the ride

David
Appreciate it David. Rich always has good advice. He's a kettle master.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky