Virgin Smoker here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlemtp

Original poster
Jan 13, 2014
hey i'm jason I'm from VA.  I have a master built XL gas smoker.  I'm currently seasoning it as we speak.  One question I have is where can i find a cover (good heavy duty one for it will be out in the elements) at.  I had ordered the master built 40'' cover. It fits over the top but when i get to the handles it won't go over them. PLEASE HELP!!  Mods I done is I've put a skillet in the chip tray and use that for the chips. and i replaced the water pan with a granite wear one i saw looking through this forum.

But someone please let me know where i can find a nice cover for mine.  i got my smoker for christmas from my wife and I don't want it to start rusting.  thanks everyone.

I've gotten some good ideas already from this site.  Can't wait to start smoking real food. 

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   Call Master Built  and talk to someone, they may have sent you the wrong cover, It happens !
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Well after posting this i found a cover called cover mate. Its on the cover store .com site. After measuring my smoker it looks like it will fit. Smoked 3 jesse jones hot dogs and they were awesome. Cant wait to do pork butt and some chicken. Guess it back to putting a tarp on it till i get this cover and try it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky