Video games?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My wife said happy bday #2

ps5.jpg

My Son just bought a new Sony TV to go with his PS5 . Hung it on the wall in his bed room today . The graphics are amazing .

Reactions: jcam222
Congratulations on your second Birthday, Rick! 😄

I can see a PS5 in my near future. The wife said she would like to get a VR system today. We have not played video games since the girls were still at home. We really enjoyed the Wii and Guitar Hero. The son-in-law is a big gamer so I know we will be getting some coaching.

Last edited:
I would suggest the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. 10K sq feet of pinball from 1940s to now, plus arcade games. Free admission and quarter driven. Also, in Fayetteville, AR, Arkadia Retrocade is $5 admission and free games. More cabinet game places are popping up. I was a arcade junky in my youth. Now I'm single player stuff on One and PS4.

I would suggest the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. 10K sq feet of pinball from 1940s to now, plus arcade games. Free admission and quarter driven. Also, in Fayetteville, AR, Arkadia Retrocade is $5 admission and free games. More cabinet game places are popping up. I was an arcade junky in my youth. Now I'm single player stuff on One and PS4.
Closer to you. $15 unlimited play except on a vintage Star Wars game last time I was there.

Reactions: LazyK68
Xbox Series X here. Started gaming back when the Atari came out. Nothing serious in my working years but lately I've been in to it pretty heavy. Its something to do and I think it helps keep my mind sharp...if you can keep a melon sharp.

Before my son joined the work force and has no time for dad now (Cats in the Cradle) we made a great team. He was the run in and gun and I played overwatch keeping him alive. We've played games like our favorites Halo and Gears of War (all of both) on the highest difficulty. I can only manage to get to the level under that alone being old with one eyed vision...but I manage. Right now I'm in the middle of Generation Zero...but here are some games I've played that I would recommend.

Sniper Elite (all)
Sniper Ghost Warrior (all)
Ghost Recon (all)
Battlefield (most of them)
Crysis (all)
Spec Ops
Mass Effect
Far Cry
Metro
Black
Control
Portal
Titanfall II

...just to name the better ones but many more. Any more you can recommend would be welcome.

Finished off Days Gone a couple weeks ago. Really surprised and bummed it won’t have a sequel. I found it really entertaining. The storyline and character development to me was engaging. For me that is the sign of the best games. Downloaded a few Steam demos I hated before settling on buying Tales of Arise at a 60% discount from CDkeys. It’s been a very long time since I’ve played a JRPG. Once I get by the fluffy stuff thst are hallmarks of Japanese RPG’s I have found no it extremely enjoyable. The action battle graphics are insanely cool and the comic book styles ongoing cut scenes are good.

Finished off Days Gone a couple weeks ago. Really surprised and bummed it won’t have a sequel. I found it really entertaining. The storyline and character development to me was engaging. For me that is the sign of the best games. Downloaded a few Steam demos I hated before settling on buying Tales of Arise at a 60% discount from CDkeys. It’s been a very long time since I’ve played a JRPG. Once I get by the fluffy stuff thst are hallmarks of Japanese RPG’s I have found no it extremely enjoyable. The action battle graphics are insanely cool and the comic book styles ongoing cut scenes are good.
Last of us is a similar game.

Reactions: LhornR
Broke out my old Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2. First tried the first one and video was so bad I just couldn't play it. The second was a great shooting game. Have couple partners for most of it that you give commands to but the solo part was so hard! Almost gave up. I really liked this game. All the Tom Clancy's games are good.

Reactions: LhornR
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky