Venison steaks in the SV.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CFLJOHN512

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 9, 2020
2 hours at 137°. Ficus her on the black stone with garlic and butter. My girlfriend was a bit skeptical, but enjoyed it after she tried it. I think I’ve found my new favorite way to cook deer. No money shot, but perfectly tender and moist.

Attachments

• 757A2105-3E3A-4CE2-A14E-8A28E0227E47.jpeg
    757A2105-3E3A-4CE2-A14E-8A28E0227E47.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 20
Awesome. Did you cut those steaks yourself? I butcher all my own deer/elk/ etc so I'm curious. Looks like slices from the hind quarter?

I usually do 135 for me and 147 for the wife. Backstraps usually only get 2 hrs or so, but steaks from other cuts like hind quarter I'll usually do at least 6-8 hrs

Awesome. Did you cut those steaks yourself? I butcher all my own deer/elk/ etc so I'm curious. Looks like slices from the hind quarter?

I usually do 135 for me and 147 for the wife. Backstraps usually only get 2 hrs or so, but steaks from other cuts like hind quarter I'll usually do at least 6-8 hrs

These are from a deer my dad got a few weeks ago in MO. He had it processed by a local butcher. They are from the rear quarter indeed.

These were from a friend who had it processed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky