Venison Snack Sticks and summer sausage w/ Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bamafan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 4, 2008
Crestview Fl
Was time to take care of my deer and a buddy of mine had one also so decided to make 25 pounds of snack sticks and 25 pounds of summer sausage. Mixed the venison with some pork.

Getting ready to grind.

25 pounds of snack stick fixin's ground up.

Mixer is a little bit of a pin to clean without a deep sink to wash in but sure makes life easier.

Sticks ready to go. 25 pounds is a pain but will be worth it. Did come up with a clever way to start the 19 mm casings on the tube. Used my golf grip tool to start them on. Works like a champ! The tool is designed to start golf grips on the club shaft. The tool is slit down the middle so it easy to pop it off after the casings are started.

Rest over night and then off to the smoker.

Will buy smaller summer sausage casings next time. I'll cut these in halves or thirds and vacuum pack.

This morning.

I don't think I want to do 50 pounds of sausage again for awhile! Thanks for looking.

Looks awesome
thumb1.gif

Jerry we''ll dang sure have some snacks next weekend. To bad I'm out of cheese to go with the summer sausage.

Your sausage looks great!

50 lbs wouldn't be bad making all SS but sticks are a lot of work (even though they are well worth it). Does your mixer hook up to your grinder?

Yes the mixer hooks to the grinder or you can run it manually. I like to hit the one button and drink a cool one for 5 minutes
biggrin.gif

I am just starting on sausages, but that looks like a load of sausage at one time. I bought a 5# stuffer for a reason. Those smoker shots looks pretty cool..

So smoking Cheese next weekend? Get ready for that bowl game.

So take tomorrow off, chill down the brew and kick back until you get that honey do list.

I don't think I want to do 50 pounds of sausage again for awhile! Thanks for looking.

Sausage looks great Wimp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Bama, That looks great, very nice job. I like doing the larger amounts when I can PITA for clean up for a little batch at a time.

Merry Christmas
newyear.gif

Wow!!!  Almost missed this thread!!

Nice Job Bama!!!  A lot more work than people would think!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky