Venison Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stainless

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
I took a recipe that I've used in the past with good results and added some more components to it. Mixed it up about five days ago with Venison meat and waited till this weekend to cook.

Some pieces have been coming off and I really like it. It has just enough heat for my liking.

7 lbs meat
Ingredients:
1. One bottle of Allegro Marinade
2. One bottle Liquid Smoke (optional if Jerky is being smoked on smoker)
3. 1 cup of brown sugar
4. 1/2 cup of water
5. 1 - 1 1/2 cups of soy sauce (optional on quantity)
6. 1 tablespoon garlic powder
7. 1 tablespoon onion powder
8. 1 tablespoon onion flakes (optional)
9. 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional)
10. 1 tablespoon pepper (optional)
11. 1 tablespoon pepper flakes (optional
12. Pink cure salt based off of weight of meat

*Add all ingredients in saucepan and heat until dissolved. Let cool.
*Mix ingredients with meat and put in sealed bags and let marinate at least 24 hours.
*Agitate bags occasionaly.
*Dehydrate or smoke jerky until you can see light through it. I dehydrate
mine for a few hours and then transfer to the smoker at 160*. I smoke for
two hours with oak and then transfer back to the dehydrator until done. I do it this way because once it's on the dehydrator a few hours, it's stiff enough to handle and will lay firm on the smoker racks. I've tried hanging from smoker racks before when raw and it's a pain and the jerky doesn't end up flat.
jerky.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: whistech
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky