Veal Marsala meatballs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
No outdoor cooking tonight but thought I’d share this. First up made rosemary gouda Fauxtatoes. Basically a take on au gratin potatoes but substituting sliced Daikon for the potato. Baked in a very creamy sauce highlighted with rosemary gouda. Next up a ground meat take on Veal Marsala. Veal meatballs in a delicious Marsala sauce. It’s a lighter sauce as I used chicken instead of beef broth. Served on a bed of wilted spinach on top the Fauxtatoes. Pretty happy with this meal. Used a veal meatball recipe I found online. It’s awesome in the sauce but solo the meat slicing needs kicked up a notch. Will dial in the meatball spicing next time. Here are a few pics. Thanks for looking.
6E3719B3-C0B8-4ADB-93D4-D11F3DD7C95F.jpeg
F96F746A-39B3-42C2-8410-9B470830CD6D.jpeg
3AEDAB30-65AE-4424-8D9C-1251A985A6F1.jpeg

Mmmm... Love me some Marsala sauce with veal.
Looks good.
The meatballs need more spice? The veal should be doing the talking.

I think it's past time for me to scratch that itch.
Probably just need a bit more salt in the meatballs. I’ve got rosemary, onion and Parmesan in them. I thought the Parmesan would have brought enough salt but needed a bit more. Buried in the sauce it doesn’t matter the sauce is luscious.

WOW YES the Daikon gratin looks wildly great! where did you pick them up?

Meatballs look killer too! love all meat-a-balls!

WOW YES the Daikon gratin looks wildly great! where did you pick them up?

Meatballs look killer too! love all meat-a-balls!
Meijers sells them in my area. Next year I am going to plant Daikon. A board member sent me some seeds.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Looks like a dish I'd be more than happy to be sitting down to Jeff. Really like the look of those fauxtatoes too, nice piece of work, Like! RAY

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great.
Always looking for new meatball recipes.
Still haven't used daikon in anything beyond do chua (Vietnamese pickled shredded daikon and carrot) One of these years ...

Looks real good from my screen Jeff, and spinach is my favorite.

Point for sure
Chris

Jeff that meal looks amaizing! The daikon looks really good! Bet that was a killer dinner.

Looks really good Jeff! I’ve only had Marsala with chicken but veal sounds so much better.

I love when you post up the faux potatoes. I really need to try this soon. I’ll probably feel better eating a giant sized portion of daikon instead of potatoes.

Wow!!! Now you did it. I gonna need some recipes now. Think make that au gratin this weekend to go with beef ribs. Might have to use turnips.

Really nice meal. But...Now you've gone and done it! I just got the ACCOUNTANT, to release the funds for a Box of Vella Chardonnay, some Christian Bros. Brandy and a surprisingly good Taylor's Dry Sherry, all for cooking. Now I'll have to start talking about Veal Meatballs Marsala, and how I need a bottle of Marsala...JJ

• Love
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky