• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Veal Marsala meatballs

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
No outdoor cooking tonight but thought I’d share this. First up made rosemary gouda Fauxtatoes. Basically a take on au gratin potatoes but substituting sliced Daikon for the potato. Baked in a very creamy sauce highlighted with rosemary gouda. Next up a ground meat take on Veal Marsala. Veal meatballs in a delicious Marsala sauce. It’s a lighter sauce as I used chicken instead of beef broth. Served on a bed of wilted spinach on top the Fauxtatoes. Pretty happy with this meal. Used a veal meatball recipe I found online. It’s awesome in the sauce but solo the meat slicing needs kicked up a notch. Will dial in the meatball spicing next time. Here are a few pics. Thanks for looking.
6E3719B3-C0B8-4ADB-93D4-D11F3DD7C95F.jpeg
F96F746A-39B3-42C2-8410-9B470830CD6D.jpeg
3AEDAB30-65AE-4424-8D9C-1251A985A6F1.jpeg

chilerelleno

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Mmmm... Love me some Marsala sauce with veal.
Looks good.
The meatballs need more spice? The veal should be doing the talking.

I think it's past time for me to scratch that itch.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Mmmm... Love me some Marsala sauce with veal.
Looks good.
The meatballs need more spice? The veal should be doing the talking.

I think it's past time for me to scratch that itch.
Probably just need a bit more salt in the meatballs. I’ve got rosemary, onion and Parmesan in them. I thought the Parmesan would have brought enough salt but needed a bit more. Buried in the sauce it doesn’t matter the sauce is luscious.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
WOW YES the Daikon gratin looks wildly great! where did you pick them up?

Meatballs look killer too! love all meat-a-balls!

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
WOW YES the Daikon gratin looks wildly great! where did you pick them up?

Meatballs look killer too! love all meat-a-balls!
Meijers sells them in my area. Next year I am going to plant Daikon. A board member sent me some seeds.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Looks like a dish I'd be more than happy to be sitting down to Jeff. Really like the look of those fauxtatoes too, nice piece of work, Like! RAY

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Looks great.
Always looking for new meatball recipes.
Still haven't used daikon in anything beyond do chua (Vietnamese pickled shredded daikon and carrot) One of these years ...

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Looks real good from my screen Jeff, and spinach is my favorite.

Point for sure
Chris

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Jeff that meal looks amaizing! The daikon looks really good! Bet that was a killer dinner.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Looks really good Jeff! I’ve only had Marsala with chicken but veal sounds so much better.

I love when you post up the faux potatoes. I really need to try this soon. I’ll probably feel better eating a giant sized portion of daikon instead of potatoes.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
My God that looks freakin fantastic!
Awesome meal Jeff!
Al

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Wow!!! Now you did it. I gonna need some recipes now. Think make that au gratin this weekend to go with beef ribs. Might have to use turnips.

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
substituting sliced Daikon for the potato.
I looked around for Daikon this morning. Could not find. Maybe when go back to work next week in Dallas find some. I even went to Mexican market. Almost grab some Yucca Root. Glad I checked the carb count first!

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Really nice meal. But...Now you've gone and done it! I just got the ACCOUNTANT, to release the funds for a Box of Vella Chardonnay, some Christian Bros. Brandy and a surprisingly good Taylor's Dry Sherry, all for cooking. Now I'll have to start talking about Veal Meatballs Marsala, and how I need a bottle of Marsala...JJ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.