Valentines Grilled Steak Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
I figured I would try to change things up for Valentines day this year. The wife and I are trying to drop a few pounds by eating healthier meals...so I made a quick steak salad.

First, the top sirloin steaks were marinated in a little bit of low sodium soy sauce, Worcestershire, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, black pepper and garlic powder. I threw the steaks in the marinade at noon while home for my lunch break.

Once I returned home, I fired up the grill and threw on sliced onion and poblano peppers.
E2F9B504-5D3C-4164-A56C-930853A69032.jpeg

Poblanos were charred and then covered with cling wrap to help remove the skins easier.

Steak is done and resting.
9C1869B7-1A0D-4F60-90F3-6A04F122ACB2.jpeg

Once the steaks were ready. The salad was assembled and ready to eat.
24B95DDC-6255-494A-8EA7-9D41653B15C1.jpeg

I started with a bed of romaine lettuce and then added some cooked quinoa in the middle.

Next, the steak was added along with the grilled onions and poblanos. We also added some sliced avocado and then sprinkled with some olive oil and vinegar.

My plate is the one with the feta cheese crumbles and accumulated steak juices...I’m not adhering to the diet as strict as my wife is! Lol.

I’ll have to say, this was a pretty easy and tasty dinner to prepare. I could definitely eat this more often.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• A1AECA69-ED48-4E9B-A5CB-864922763D62.jpeg
    A1AECA69-ED48-4E9B-A5CB-864922763D62.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 6
I like that meal! Steak has perfect grill marks! And quinoa is a nice addition. Nothing wrong with eating healthier!!

Thanks for the like Yankee. Yeah I always get the eye roll when I make the grill marks, I guess my wife and friends think I play with my food too much.

Between the quinoa, steak and avocado, I was stuffed...but in a good way, I didn’t feel bloated and like I needed a nap.

That... looks good enough to eat!
Happy Delicious Valentines Day!

Thanks Sonny, happy belated valentines day to you as well! I would have liked to have cooked steak and lobster with a lot of butter...but the wife started this new diet and I have started eating healthy along with her. I love to eat healthy but sometimes it just takes more time prepping and cooking.

Looks delish no grilling here wind chill is -15

Yikes, I grill all year long in PA, it’s definitely tougher in the winter. It was about 25F when I started the grill....I wouldn’t be caught dead outside in -15.

Wow! That looks good.

Thank you and thanks for the like!

That meal would make me romantic but I suspect that isn't what you were going for. Big like!

Thanks Disco and thanks for the like! Ha, I didn’t know if you liked candy and flowers, so I made you a salad!

Thanks again, but I was going for something quick and easy.

Looks great man points for sure! Love doing steak salad around here

Thanks and thank you for the like. We eat a lot of salads around here too whether it’s steak, shrimp or chicken. The choices are endless.

My wife and I are trying to incorporate more grains with them, kinda like the power bowls that people eat now.

Here’s a good chicken one I did with the Sous Vide. It didn’t get a lot of traction since SV was still pretty new around here...lots of folks seem to have them now. But you could grill the chicken instead.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/southwest-chicken-salad-sous-vide.262686/#post-1706295

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky