Southwest chicken salad (Sous Vide)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xray

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 11, 2015
Northeast PA
Well here's another cook that did a complete 180 on me, but I have to say it was a delicious detour. On Tuesday, I had two chicken breasts pulled out to thaw. My original plan was to make TallBM's peri peri chicken since I just picked up a bottle of Nandos.

After I seasoned the chicken with SPOG, I went outside to light the grill. I opened the lid and heard a thud...needless to say, it was the rusty bottom that fell out. (WTF!) I ended up vacuum sealing the chicken after it was seasoned and I threw it in the fridge.

The grill is toast. Plan B's dinner was a pepper and egg sandwich.

Today I pulled the chicken out and threw them in the SV at 150 for 1hr and 20 minutes. Once the chicken was finished, I served it over a bed of lettuce with roasted corn, black beans, tortilla strips and Honey Chipotle dressing.

Overall it was an excellent dinner. The dressing was awesome. Here’s the recipe from One Upon a Chef:
  • 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
  • 2 small garlic cloves, roughly chopped
I throw the chipotle peppers and garlic in the blender first so there’s no large pieces. Then I add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.

Now for some pics:

Chicken out of the bath (150F @ 1hr 20min.)

A quick sear.

The finished salad. I'll definitely make this again!

Last edited:
Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky