Vacuum Sealers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
funny thing is i never seen this thread before untill today, and 2 days ago i purchased the foodsaver. its nice to see i made a solid choice. they had the premiere model with canisters for 118 at sams club. not a bad buy from what ive seen around. i havent used it on anything wet yet but i like the idea of the papertowel idea, im sure i would have been mad the first time i messed up my pump when trying to vaccume beer or something.

I recently purchased a commercial grade, stainless unit from Weston Supply. They are a supplier of commercial meat processing equipment. The unit I purchased was a refurbished unit (model V33) which I received today. Too early to give a testimonial, but I packaged some sliced Jimmy Dean sausage and it did fine. Also looks like it's pretty flexible with what bags or rolls you use. If interested check them out at www.westonsupply.com. I ordered the unit last Sunday and received it the following Friday, came with a variety pack of bags. Price was $159.95 plus shipping. Looks like a new unit. 30 day warranty.

Picked up the 2480 Food Saver at Sam's last weekend. Still selling for $118.00. Sealed up some burgers and a chuck roast and it sure did work nice. Like the tip from Chi Bill about the reseal to get rid of the paper towel. Will try that on my next go round. :P

If you do a comparison review of food savers on the internet, the Black and Decker gets good ratings, but their bags are rated pretty low. The reviews recommend using the Tilia bags with it. I got a Black and Decker unit for my son-in-law for last Christmas and told him about the bags. He says it does a very good job if you use the right bags.

i have had the same one as cajunsmoker for a little while now and have not had one problem with it. i did hear the same thing about black and decker, i just wasnt sure about them.

before that i used my.........oops family oriented web site :oops:

The last time Sam bought a two roll box of the 11 inch bag material for the FoodSaver, she bought them at Tuesday Morning for about half of what she would have paid elsewhere. She also bought the 8X8 marinating container for half price too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky