Vacmaster 360

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So got mine today! Played with it for a bit. I like the duel seals. I tried the different modes and seems like it doesnt seal very well on low vac at all. I guess you have to press down really hard to get low vac seals? Im used to my cheap POS sealer, it makes good seals with no vacuum needed.

It is not uncommon to have to apply some pressure to seal a custom sized bag you are making. Also, you may need to apply a little pressure until the vacuum has pulled the air from the chamber and then starts vacuuming the air out of the bag. I guess it depends upon the weight of the lid and alignment.

Mine just arrived today. She's a beauty Clark. Not as convenient as my food saver but vac's nicely and the seal strip is twice as wide.
20210227_181526.jpg
20210227_181526.jpg
20210227_182914.jpg

Mine just arrived today. She's a beauty Clark. Not as convenient as my food saver but vac's nicely and the seal strip is twice as wide.

Did yours come with a extra gasket in the roll holder area? If so any ideas what its for?

The lid on these don't latch? That sounds like a bit of a inconvenience.

No, they don't. The vacuum on these larger units should be sufficient to pull the lid tight with only minimal pushing down on the lid. Once you see the bag collapsing just leave the lid alone.

Short test video:

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve H
Did yours come with a extra gasket in the roll holder area? If so any ideas what its for?
It did. It's a replacement. For either top or bottom.
The lid on these don't latch? That sounds like a bit of a inconvenience.
It kinda is. You have to wait until most of the air is vacuumed out of the bag before it will hold itself down.

Reactions: Steve H
Have you tried it on low vac or moist food? cause mine wouldnt hold the lid on those settings during testing.

Have you tried it on low vac or moist food? cause mine wouldnt hold the lid on those settings during testing.
Have you tried the vacmaster bags? I have the pro 380 and the vacmaster bags seem to work a little better than others. We don't have the low vac option just have to hit the manual seal button at the precise moment.

yea I was using there 8" roll for testing. That said it is brand new so the seal is pretty stiff.

So after using it for a few months. I have to say the more I use it the more I like it! The double seal with 1 seal is awsome. Being able to make 2 - 6" bags at the same time is great as well. Vac sealing food 2 bags at once works, but I don't know that I trust it since a lot of what I'm sealing and freezing ends up in my sous vide.

I must be really dumb cause it took me like 10-12 bags before I realized I didnt have to shove the bag all the way up into the vacuum chamber to seal so sealing 1 side of a bag thats open on both sides was easy and works great.

Time will tell if its still working great after a few years.

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky