Vacmaster 350

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
I got a 350 and it will not seal. Not generating a seal and popping a E02 error code. Took it apart and there is nothing in the tubes. Last thing I sealed was a deer liver and that frothed pretty good and I have to clean it all up. I cleaned the seal both sides, the slot it lays in and the lid and no suction. I can just lift the lid up and down like the vac tube is blocked. I can't see anything and the tube connection the chamber is caulked all up to it.

Anyone fixed one of these? I am assuming the deer liver did it, but can't figure how to fix it.

I called and tech support said if you get water in the vac tube it goes down and fries a solenoid. So no more vac sealing liver, as it only gets ground anyways and can go in a zip loc until I am ready to make braunschweiger. $8.10 part and $11 shipping. Very good service and help.

I called and tech support said if you get water in the vac tube it goes down and fries a solenoid. So no more vac sealing liver, as it only gets ground anyways and can go in a zip loc until I am ready to make braunschweiger. $8.10 part and $11 shipping. Very good service and help.
When you get wet stuff you have two choices. Well, maybe three.
One: put a layer of paper towel inside across the bag just below where the seal will be. It'll catch whatever moisture there is first.
Second: Put the item in the freezer to chill it firm. Then vacuum it like normal.
Third: Buy the bags that alread have a moisture blocker that works like number one above.
Or, maybe four: Hang the vacuum bag over the counter below the sealer. It'll take longer for the moisture to reach the sealer.

Or 5, don't be stupid and try vacuum sealing liver. Gallon ziploc and squeeze the air out until I grind it up.

Not sure where you get deer, but in Minnesota I will NEVER eat the liver. Liver fluke is much more widespread than chronic wasting disease. Luckily liver fluke stays in the liver.

Got a ziplock sealer and it has survived a lot of liquid suck ups. Learned to use the pulse button to control the vacuum with liquid products.

After your CS reply I doubt a Vacmaster will be my next purchase

Whichever
Here’s the bad solenoid and it fixed it.

Remove bag tray top with screws on back.
Remove clear sealing door.
Unscrew two screw on operators stainless panel that are behind sealing door.
Remove six screws in bottom hold in plastic vac to tray.
Pop out tray and operators panel and flip forward
Work from back and replace solenoid and put all back together

Attachments

• 4C2A7315-4A21-4100-8B98-8C877CA34C6D.jpeg
    4C2A7315-4A21-4100-8B98-8C877CA34C6D.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 22
  • BBB2E555-3A91-4315-9769-A0E98E7F7F16.jpeg
    BBB2E555-3A91-4315-9769-A0E98E7F7F16.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: indaswamp
FYI, don't be like me, a dumb ass, and vac seal something spongy and full of liquid, like a deer liver. Cost me $20, many hours and two weeks to seal that liver.

Reactions: indaswamp
Not sure where you get deer, but in Minnesota I will NEVER eat the liver. Liver fluke is much more widespread than chronic wasting disease. Luckily liver fluke stays in the liver.

Got a ziplock sealer and it has survived a lot of liquid suck ups. Learned to use the pulse button to control the vacuum with liquid products.

After your CS reply I doubt a Vacmaster will be my next purchase
So enlightening.............

On liver fluke, basically is just looks bad and won't hurt you.
This parasite is not infective for humans and presents no public health menace in this regard. The main prohibition against human consumption of cooked 'flukey' deer liver would be an aesthetic one. Consumption of venison from an infected deer poses no risk to humans.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky