VacMaster Pro380 bit the dust

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Well after many years and thousands of bags sealed my VacMaster pro380 has decided no t to seal anymore.

It runs through the air removal part. But when it gets to where it would seal the releases the suction and throws a E02 code. I’ve checked everything that VacMaster says to lol at but nothing fixes it. So don’t know if I need to replace the heating strip or if there’s something wrong with the mother board. Has anyone else experienced this with a VacMaster. It’s been a great sealer.

I'm guessing it's not with mother board... I don't know the correct terminology but there are a couple different switches inside them. I messed mine up vac sealing pickles and sucked some brine into mine.

Ryan

Well after many years and thousands of bags sealed my VacMaster pro380 has decided no t to seal anymore.

It runs through the air removal part. But when it gets to where it would seal the releases the suction and throws a E02 code. I’ve checked everything that VacMaster says to lol at but nothing fixes it. So don’t know if I need to replace the heating strip or if there’s something wrong with the mother board. Has anyone else experienced this with a VacMaster. It’s been a great sealer.
Not sure if it helps but this seems to have some info on E01 and E02 errors. E02 seems to be an issue with sealing/sealing bar. Maybe some of this info can get you in the ball park for repairing:

So an update to this thread. Ben busy with the holidays.

Parts…

So far I have struck out on getting a replacement heat strip. Which I’m sure is the problem. No one including the manufacturer has one in stock.

So it looks like I may just end up with a chamber unit, oh darn…

Not sure if this is the part you need, they have no specs but they have two in stock, phone number at the top of the page.

https://www.partstown.com/vacmaster/vam876391
Not sure if this is the part you need, they have no specs but they have two in stock, phone number at the top of the page.

https://www.partstown.com/vacmaster/vam876391
I looked at that part and had it in the cart. They wanted $35.00 for the cheapest shipping unless I enrolled in some program with a monthly cost. That’s ridiculous. I’d rather spend $$$$ on a chamber sealer.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I looked at that part and had it in the cart. They wanted $35.00 for the cheapest shipping unless I enrolled in some program with a monthly cost. That’s ridiculous. I’d rather spend $$$$ on a chamber sealer.
Understand that for sure, was worth a shot anyway.

Which chamber unit you looking at?

Update I tried a Weston heat strip which supposedly should work. However that didn’t fix the issue.

This showed up today. So I guess the old 380 will be put out to pasture 🤣

12ABBB9B-7567-4428-ADA8-4D52F4D2B479.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky