Vacation Time, Bushkill Creek / Bushkill, PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Glad to see your enjoying some of the beauties of our state. Have spent alot of time in my younger days hiking, hunting and fishing alot of that area. Real gem.
Yeah, PA outside the cities is really nice.
Not my first rodeo here, my older sister has live up for 20+ years, and my SiL for about 5 years.
Though it is my first time enjoying the trout fishing.

The first one you're showing is a Rainbow.

Then the next one, held by the Boy is a Brown.

Then the next one you're holding is a Brown.

Then the Boy is holding a Palomino.

Then you are holding another Brown.

And below that another Brown.

You're fishing in my territory there!!

I fished all those streams from there through Monroe, Pike, and Wayne Counties all my life, including the Bushkill from just above Resica Falls all the way up through Beaver Run & Pine Flats.

We used to have a cabin at Saw Creek, on 402 in Pike County.

Great Thread---Brings back Memories!!---
points.gif

Bear 

Day Three

A lot of time out of the water today, running errands and shopping with the women.
So not much to show for fishing.

I caught a few dink trout, legal but too small for me to bother with cleaning.
I lost a BIG Brownie, might've been a new state record! :rolleyes:
Honestly he was at least as big as Nate's Golden... Dagblast'it!

Also caught a nice 19" Smallmouth bass and another Smallmouth which is so far the tiniest fish of the trip.
The big Smallie had to be released as the season is closed on all Bass till June 16th, so no pic.
The dink Smallmouth was all of 2" and hit the same lure as the 19"er.

Nate put another Brown in the fridge, it was a solid 12"
He also caught a nice bass that looked to be a Spotted, but again strict C&R so no pic.

http://s152.photobucket.com/user/ChileRelleno/media/IMG_20170528_135512646_zps3slapill.jpg.html

And tonight was a big Fried Trout dinner,
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/263291/fried-trout-dinner-with-fixins#post_1711340

Last edited:
To bad you bad to go shopping.:devil: The biggesttrout I ever got was by accident with a spear lost my balance and just put the spear in the ground it was a sweet rainbow. We were spearing carp,never caught a trout that was a keeper on that river either.

Day Five

Today was a tough and frustrating day of fishing.
I lost so many freaking lures and lost a couple of nice trout.
One would've been a stud, but he is sporting a shiny new $5. piercing for the ladies.
Finally late in the day I was able to seal the deal on a nice 12" Brownie.
I also got another decent 13" Smallie (C&R) and another Sunfish.

Today Nate almost got skunked.
He had a decent trout on the line, but it threw the lure.
I saw it clearly and it had to be 12"-14" fish.
Nate was pissed.
But his day was saved by a 4" Smallie

Did some sightseeing.

Silver Thread Fall, 80'

http://s152.photobucket.com/user/ChileRelleno/media/IMG_20170530_130725862_HDR_zpsezq2rxml.jpg.html

Dingmans Falls, 130'

http://s152.photobucket.com/user/ChileRelleno/media/IMG_20170530_132053740_HDR_zpspyovyell.jpg.html

Went into Milford, PA to shop with the wife.
I hit up 'Fretta's Italian Food Specialties', they make a ton of homemade sausage, ham and cheese items... Simply incredible as I taste tested my way through their charcuterie selections.
Then I broke out the Visa and bought enough meats, cheeses, stuffed olives and to maybe last me till Friday if I don't pig out twice a day or more.

Double up on the cholesterol medicine!

To bad you bad to go shopping.:devil:

The biggesttrout I ever got was by accident with a spear lost my balance and just put the spear in the ground it was a sweet rainbow. We were spearing carp,never caught a trout that was a keeper on that river either.
Naw, I like going out with my wife for specialty / tourist shopping, especially when there are place like Fretta's for me to go hog wild in. :sausage:

And walking the Falls alone with my wife was romantic :40: and led to some really nice benefits back at the cabin.:40:

Wow what a beautiful cabin and view!!!! Looks like a very enjoyable time plus the fishing, Pretty envious .... Enjoy 

Day Three

A lot of time out of the water today, running errands and shopping with the women.
So not much to show for fishing.

I caught a few dink trout, legal but too small for me to bother with cleaning.
I lost a BIG Brownie, might've been a new state record!
rolleyes.gif

Honestly he was at least as big as Nate's Golden... Dagblast'it!

Also caught a nice 19" Smallmouth bass and another Smallmouth which is so far the tiniest fish of the trip.
The big Smallie had to be released as the season is closed on all Bass till June 16th, so no pic.
The dink Smallmouth was all of 2" and hit the same lure as the 19"er.

Nate put another Brown in the fridge, it was a solid 12"
He also caught a nice bass that looked to be a Spotted, but again strict C&R so no pic.

http://s152.photobucket.com/user/ChileRelleno/media/IMG_20170528_135512646_zps3slapill.jpg.html

And tonight was a big Fried Trout dinner,
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/263291/fried-trout-dinner-with-fixins#post_1711340
Nice!!!---This one is a Brook Trout.

First one I saw in all your posts of Browns & I believe it was one Rainbow & one Golden if I remember correctly.

You're making me jealous. I can't do the Trout fishing any more.

When she was young, Mrs Bear used to work at a big house at Dingman's Ferry, cooking for a Rich Old Lady, and her best friend did the cleaning. The place had a lot of rooms & a lot of guests to cook for.

Great Pics---Thanks for showing!!

Bear

Beautiful Pics, I know all of you are having a great time.  
icon14.gif

Gary

So lets review, so far I've done

A repeat of my savory stuffed pork loin, http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/262780/savory-stuffed-pork-loin/20#post_1710759

One of a few trout dinners, http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/263291/fried-trout-dinner-with-fixins

And for tonight...

I prepared another nice meal for everyone at the cabin tonight.

Menu
Charcuterie Board
Breaded Chicken Stuffed with Gorganzola Bleu and Bell Pepper
Garlic and Herb Crusted Pork loin
Tater Tots Roasted with Onion/Bell Peppers
French Dessert Croissants with either Almond Paste or Chocolate Gnocchi

Sample charcuterie board of meats/cheeses
Not shown: 4 types of stuffed olives, two varieties of pitted olives and a various crackers.

Breaded Chicken Stuffed with Gorganzola Bleu and Bell Pepper

Garlic and Herb Crusted Pork Loin

Tater Tots Roasted with Onion/Bell Pepper

(pic n/a)

French Dessert Croissants, Almond Paste or Chocolate Gnocchi

Day Six

Neither of us landed a trout.
Small Smallies, Sunfish and Fallfish were all we managed.
Only got about four hours of fishing in.

Day Seven

Nate didn't do much fishing today, so nothing for him to show.

Myself on the other hand spent the afternoon in pursuit of fish, and it was quite an aggravating, yet rewarding day.

Rewarding that I landed three trout today, several Smallies and a few Sunfish too.

Aggravating in that:
I lost several trout at the net.
Ran through tackle/lures like a bacon through a goose.
Found the deepest hole in the creek... And stepped into it up to my chin.
Snapped the tip of my best trout rod off at the second guide while trying to land the last trout of the day... I sure do hope Bass Pro replaces it.

One more day of fishing before heading home.

Man it looks like your having a great time. That's what it's about.

Enjoying Pa and family time.

Day Eight

And as the sun sets on the last fishing day of our vacation, I count my many Blessings.
Of which for today, I didn't lose a single piece of tackle, but didn't land any fish either.
Two hookups, two losses and several fish short striking and/or aborting their run on the lures.

My family and I had a great time, no accidents or injuries... Still a long 1100+ mile ride home.
Pray for us as we head back South, dang highways and drivers are crazy now-a-days.

Thank you to all who offered tips/tricks and encouragement.

Reactions: jcam222
Drive safe and god bless, Looks you and your family had a great vacation, Thx for inviting us along with your pics and updates. Look forward to seeing you home safe and sound and enjoying your plates that make us all hungry....  Charlie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky