Vac Sealer RIP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
After 9 years my vacmaster pro went to the vac sealer graveyard.

So

I bought a LEM.
maxvac.jpg

Would hate to live without one! Actually have two... a big Vacmaster 380 and bought a small inkbird unit... for small jobs and it's much lighter for the wife and me!

Ryan

I’m shopping for a new one too
My (don’t laugh) Zip Lock is almost dead. I wasn’t paying attention and packed some juicy clams and the juice got sucked up
Reply when you get the LEM and try it out

I’ve had the LEM max 250 for a couple years. It’s a good machine. Only real complaint is the liquid tray is not removable for cleaning. Not a huge deal but not convenient either. That 500 should be a beast.

The old vacmaster prob sealed 1000 lbs of sausage not to mention all sorts of other stuff, I wish I would have kept my chamber sealer.
How much can you put in a Chamber Sealer bag at one time ?
I've heard they are good, but never looked into them as the two Foodsaver Sportsman have been working fine.

How much can you put in a Chamber Sealer bag at one time ?
I've heard they are good, but never looked into them as the two Foodsaver Sportsman have been working fine.
I could put 12 cups in my chamber bags and seal liquids.

LEM
IMG_4483.JPG

Vacmaster
Think im going to take it apart and see what parts I can make use of.
IMG_4486.jpg

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I will consider one of these when my Food saver unit goes bad. Unbelievably it's been going for around 20 years.

Reactions: chopsaw
I have a FS from Costco that is give or take 8 years old. All i know is that bought a couple of the FS boxes of rolls and bags from Costco and have also ordered 2 times from ( i cant remember her name but she is s sponsor here) and bought and once before that from Vac Shak for another 5-600 bags. Id guess over 3000 bags have gone through that thing and its still going strong.

After you use it would you let me know what you think. on the verge of needing a new one as well.
I've had this for 3 years now. Here's my review when I bought it. And it still holds true.

That is brutal, we couldn't function in this kitchen without one. When we got married nearly 30 years ago we were gifted a basic food saver. It died about 5 years ago - what a run but I went ahead and replaced it with an Avid Armor Ultra chamber machine and couldn't be happier. A world of difference as far as what you can do. We also picked up another American harvest clam shell sealer for those quick tasks. If room and budget permits I suggest a chamber vacuum sealer to anyone.

That LEM is a great clam shell sealer.

That is brutal, we couldn't function in this kitchen without one. When we got married nearly 30 years ago we were gifted a basic food saver. It died about 5 years ago - what a run but I went ahead and replaced it with an Avid Armor Ultra chamber machine and couldn't be happier. A world of difference as far as what you can do. We also picked up another American harvest clam shell sealer for those quick tasks. If room and budget permits I suggest a chamber vacuum sealer to anyone.

That LEM is a great clam shell sealer.
So, what do chamber vacuum sealers do that is different that a Foodsaver ?

Chamber is a type . Like sealed up Pork shoulders . I'd love to have one .

After 9 years my vacmaster pro went to the vac sealer graveyard.

So

I bought a LEM.
View attachment 674451
Nice!. Please let us know how it proceeds. We're still nursing our legacy "seal-a-meal"
Before the economy went tits up I'd probably just buy one to keep in the camper or closet.
We've got about 300 quart bags in the pantry hiding amongst stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky