New guy from Kansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DieselTech

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 28, 2024
Kansas
Guys & & gals I'm just another dang newbie from Kansas wanting to say HI. I'm a Diesel tech by trade but want to get into smoking anything possible.

So I hoping I will get a helping hand here, if things get tough or I can't find a answer to my problem.

Now all you professionals don't cuss me to bad, cause I did not know any better at the time of ordering.

But I ordered a Pit Boss Sportsman 1100 pellet grill with wifi & all the accessories. I'm hoping I can make some fine food with it in time.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

Hi and welcome from Iowa! You'll find lot's of help here on many subjects! Don't have that smoker but do have a pellet smoker. If you don't get enough smoke you can add a smoke tube inside and burn pellets. Watch these guys though... they will also help spend your money on things they say you need! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Howdy, and welcome to the community from New Mexico.
Congrats on the new smoker!
I have a couple of pellet smokers myself...

Reactions: DieselTech
Hi and welcome from Iowa! You'll find lot's of help here on many subjects! Don't have that smoker but do have a pellet smoker. If you don't get enough smoke you can add a smoke tube inside and burn pellets. Watch these guys though... they will also help spend your money on things they say you need! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Lmao I found out already this is part of the hobby, spending more money.

Yeah I read on here is should invest in some smoker tubes so I ordered a 2-6" smoker tubes & 2-12" smoker tubes. I also ordered the Amazn smoking maze. Figure I better have them.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I appreciate it. Lmao I might need help from time to time. I would hate to ruin a high dollar cut of meat.

Welcome from Mississippi! Lots of great folks here with a ton of knowledge to share. Look forward to your posts and pics.

Jim
Well hopefully I don't have any problems figuring out how to post pictures. I'm not very computer savvy & I only use my phone. So I'm hoping to be able to post pics.

I enjoy looking & reading about what guys & gals have to share.

Thanks.

Welcome from Virginia! My last job involved Detroit 6-71 and 4-71 engines strapped to generators to supply aircraft with the juice needed on the ground. Among other things I have a Camp Chef DLX 24 pellet grill. You'll figure it out and I'll say this; much great chow has been cooked on my pellet grill so ignore the negative Nancy's and the Debbie downers which you'll find very few if any here... good group of folks. Again, Welcome Aboard!

Welcome from Virginia! My last job involved Detroit 6-71 and 4-71 engines strapped to generators to supply aircraft with the juice needed on the ground. Among other things I have a Camp Chef DLX 24 pellet grill. You'll figure it out and I'll say this; much great chow has been cooked on my pellet grill so ignore the negative Nancy's and the Debbie downers which you'll find very few if any here... good group of folks. Again, Welcome Aboard!
Thanks. I have worked on a few Detroits but not many. I come to really like that yellow paint. So I worked for Caterpillar for around 25years.

As a old timer told me once: The World is FLAT with a Cat!!!🤣😂🤣

Thanks. I have worked on a few Detroits but not many. I come to really like that yellow paint. So I worked for Caterpillar for around 25years.

As a old timer told me once: The World is FLAT with a Cat!!!🤣😂🤣
I have a small excavation business and I am firmly in camp Cat.

Welcome from Kentucky!

We will enable you with all kinds of accessories you didn't know you needed and prolly enable ourselves with a few in the process lol.

• Haha
I have a small excavation business and I am firmly in camp Cat.
Yep. I'm a firm believer in Caterpillar. They might be the most expensive equipment to work on, but if they are taken care of, very few problems will arise.

Like all things, they all got pros & cons.

Lmao it is like after i already ordered the Pit Boss brand, I come here & learned of better more expensive equipment. But I'm willing to take the bad with the good. & I bet there is a work around some way.
Welcome to SMF from SE GA and you've landed at the best spot on the worldwideweb! But remember.....
Pics or it didn't happen 😆

Keith
Oh trust me, I got to be able to post pics or I will feel left behind & left out of the fun. Hopefully there is a Test Thread where I can try & figure this picture thing out. Thanks.
Welcome from Kentucky!

We will enable you with all kinds of accessories you didn't know you needed and prolly enable ourselves with a few in the process lol.
Thanks. I figure this money is well spent. I thought I was done buying stuff when I bought every accessory offered for the Sportsman 1100. I was wrong. I see all kinds of stuff I want to buy.

Thanks. I figure this money is well spent. I thought I was done buying stuff when I bought every accessory offered for the Sportsman 1100. I was wrong. I see all kinds of stuff I want to buy.
And so it goes. There is always one more gotta have lol.

There is a test thread, but you can try it here just the same. I'm primarily on my phone as well. Not sure what phone you have, on my Samsung s22 at the top of this dialog box click the picture icon, the box in center.

20220403_211300.jpg

Pop's another box up to drop picture here, click that box and then select your pic. This was ribs done on my pellet grill, no wrap, with a taste test... nice and juicy!

Ryan

There is a test thread, but you can try it here just the same. I'm primarily on my phone as well. Not sure what phone you have, on my Samsung s22 at the top of this dialog box click the picture icon, the box in center.

View attachment 695590

Pop's another box up to drop picture here, click that box and then select your pic. This was ribs done on my pellet grill, no wrap, with a taste test... nice and juicy!

Ryan
Dang Brokenhandle! That sure looks good. What time is dinner? That looks sooo good!

Lmao I don't have any meat related pics yet to share. But I'm using a Samsung A54 5G. I see that icon you speak of. Thanks.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Dang Brokenhandle! That sure looks good. What time is dinner? That looks sooo good!

Lmao I don't have any meat related pics yet to share. But I'm using a Samsung A54 5G. I see that icon you speak of. Thanks.
You could practice with most any pic, it is your thread! We've all been and had to learn it all as well.

Ryan

OK thanks. I thought maybe the mods/administrator would frown & give me detention or ban me from the site. Thanks.
Doubt I'll do that to ya! :emoji_laughing:
No, they are all good people here. Especially since I said to give it a whirl. Some guys here could probably explain it better than me... I'm a firm believer that every computer should be sold with a hammer... will fix your computer everytime lol!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky