Use MES for drying sausage?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JoeGNJ

Original poster
Nov 29, 2017
Northern, NJ
I have a MES 30 digital smoker. I'd like to try curing, drying and cold smoking sausages using Prague 2. Most recipes call for a drying out/hanging the sausage for several days before smoking. I don't have a suitable place to hang them. I was wondering if I could hang the sausages in my MES, while it's idle, and unplugged, and then, cold smoke them after the required drying time has elapsed. Has anyone tried that? Results? Safe?
Many thanks and Happy New Year!

For curing you will first need to ferment (salami style) products. You can do this with heat between 75-80* for 24to72 hrs. Then you will go into the drying stage. Not saying you cant do it just read up on it.

For curing you will first need to ferment (salami style) products. You can do this with heat between 75-80* for 24to72 hrs. Then you will go into the drying stage. Not saying you cant do it just read up on it.
Thank you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky