US Approves First Lab Meat, and Its Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Alright, say they can lab grow a steak. Gan they include fat marbling, or only duplicate the muscle itself? And if they can manage a marbled steak, are they going to limit fat content for our own good? The technology may have some real uses, but I am not even close to embracing it.
I was wondering the same. Can they control marbling? Maybe in future iterations? That would be a major accomplishment akin to artificial diamonds.

Reactions: 02ebz06
View attachment 668575
You will eat the crickets, and you will like them!

Now there's some protein!
Chiler,

I have driven through an area with the crickets swarmed like this......it makes a MESS out of your truck.....I mean it looks like a set truck from the Walking Dead show after......Oh we were fishing one time with one of these swarms and they even found their way onto the boat up the anchor line.....I can also say NO fish as they were full full full

Read the article earlier today as well... and as of now, too expensive to be made available to the public... just certain restaurants for now.
Soon coming to a state near you... cellular grown meat is known to cause cancer...

They can have it. I'll raise my meat the old fashioned way. If certain states didn't try to dictate to the rest of the country how to raise livestock there wouldn't be such an issue.

A Proud Livestock Farmer from Iowa!

Read the article earlier today as well... and as of now, too expensive to be made available to the public... just certain restaurants for now.
Soon coming to a state near you... cellular grown meat is known to cause cancer...

They can have it. I'll raise my meat the old fashioned way. If certain states didn't try to dictate to the rest of the country how to raise livestock there wouldn't be such an issue.

And there is a reason people are leaving those states… just saying! Was watching a documentary on stupid people and food! Guy asked one dimwit if they could name one thing that you can get at the grocery store that doesn’t involve farmers… The answer was crackers! Yep… way to go… crackers aren’t made from crops produced on farms! 🤷🏼‍♂️

And proud you should be! Farmers and truckers are the life of our country!

Reactions: chilerelleno

Echo what Ryan said from a cattle farmer in Kentucky!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
And I’ll tell you the same I told Ryan! Without farmers and truckers… no food! Don’t know why it’s so hard for some to understand that! 🤷🏼‍♂️
All that meat just magically appears in the meat cases. The majority of consumers are oblivious to the process of how it got there. I do it because I enjoy farming, not because I make much from it.

My friend is out of town for the week and I just now got back from dragging one of his cows off for him that died today so it ain't laying up by the road, and the neighbor and getting all smelly.

PETA and ASPCA in action, literally. Look it up. It's no surprise that the labs behind this are in CA. I can't say more without getting political. Tip of the iceberg, my friends. Beef producers cutting production are playing right into their hands.

I think most of us are well aware of where this is coming from, and like you, I will avoid further comment.

All that meat just magically appears in the meat cases. The majority of consumers are oblivious to the process of how it got there. I do it because I enjoy farming, not because I make much from it.

My friend is out of town for the week and I just now got back from dragging one of his cows off for him that died today so it ain't laying up by the road, and the neighbor and getting all smelly.

You’re a good man and friend! That’s how we do things here too! Hard working community… everyone has their space but if ones in need… we are all there!

Reactions: DougE
I think most of us are well aware of where this is coming from, and like you, I will avoid further comment.

^^^ That! We know all the elites look down on us working folk… but I will leave it at that! Man… I could really go on a rant bout now! Just sayin!

"“Instead of all of that land and all of that water that’s used to feed all of these animals that are slaughtered, we can do it in a different way,” said Josh Tetrick, co-founder and chief executive of Eat Just, which operates Good Meat."

This taken from that article guess he doesn't know much about chicken farming.

"Cultivated meat is grown in steel tanks, using cells that come from a living animal, a fertilized egg or a special bank of stored cells"

Wonder where these cells and eggs are coming from if nobody is raising any animals after all the farms are gone

Just remember this nonsense when it comes time to vote.
Always do! I shared a photo with Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ a couple days ago... was a pic of me and a young lady friend of the family... still in high school... but was proud of the shirt she was wearing. Was very similar to mine, was nice to see some of the younger generation taking a stand!

Ryan

"“Instead of all of that land and all of that water that’s used to feed all of these animals that are slaughtered, we can do it in a different way,” said Josh Tetrick, co-founder and chief executive of Eat Just, which operates Good Meat."

This taken from that article guess he doesn't know much about chicken farming.

"Cultivated meat is grown in steel tanks, using cells that come from a living animal, a fertilized egg or a special bank of stored cells"

Wonder where these cells and eggs are coming from if nobody is raising any animals after all the farms are gone
All that, and these once farms will be populated with people, making any impact livestock has negligible by comparison.

What type of cattle?

Reactions: sawhorseray
And I’ll tell you the same I told Ryan! Without farmers and truckers… no food! Don’t know why it’s so hard for some to understand that! 🤷🏼‍♂️
Aboslut agree with this, I understood this when I migrated to the house from the village, and there I found out that some products are not permanent because they hardly bring them.. Besides this I am also a college student and I have to say thanks to this source https://edubirdie.com/pay-for-homework for helping me a lot with my homework, it even saved me from being expelled from college, because transferring from one house to another was pretty rough and I had no time for college.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky