US Approves First Lab Meat, and Its Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’ll pass! Though sometimes it makes ya think with technology going overboard with AI and power hungry people wanting control… Just sayin!

For sure; if this is to be used as a means of control rather than to efficiently feed hungry people, I am out.

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: DougE
I got some real meat on the hoof with pics.

1687483266875.png

1687483307397.png

Some of this year's bunch.

That’s what I figured all talky. Guess that’s why they say no pics never happened.
If you paid attention... when did I ever say I raised cattle? Never did! So have no pics of any cattle. Go back and read what I said. But I have jerky! :emoji_laughing:

20230620_165654.jpg

Since you wanted to see it lol!

Ryan

Reactions: jcam222 and DougE
You be da hog man and I'd be hooking up with some of that farm raised pork if we were closer.
Absolutely! At least you pay attention... sold 6 loads this week , 7 next week... been busy for sure! Hasn't been cattle raised here since I was about 6 years old. Funny thing... cattle never get out till you go on vacation.

Ryan

Reactions: DougE
Absolutely! At least you pay attention... sold 6 loads this week , 7 next week... been busy for sure! Hasn't been cattle raised here since I was about 6 years old. Funny thing... cattle never get out till you go on vacation.

Ryan
Or die. My friend has been out of town all week and calls me like 7 or so last night and asks me if I can drag a cow off for him that died up near the road. Sure, I'll get it in the morning, No I want you to get it drug down back somewhere where nobody will see or smell it now. Everyone will be calling me otherwise. Well, ok, jump in my truck, go over to his barn and hop up in one of his tractors I knew there was a chain in the floor of. Well, the buzzards had already been at it awhile, so fun times. At least it wasn't bloated and stinking yet .....

Reactions: Brokenhandle
If you paid attention... when did I ever say I raised cattle? Never did! So have no pics of any cattle. Go back and read what I said. But I have jerky! :emoji_laughing:

View attachment 668660

Since you wanted to see it lol!

Ryan
I apologize for pissing in your bud light when I questioned you on your cattle. I assumed when you said this earlier it meant you raised cattle.

Insert quote:
They can have it. I'll raise my meat the old fashioned way. If certain states didn't try to dictate to the rest of the country how to raise livestock there wouldn't be such an issue.

A Proud Livestock Farmer from Iowa!

Who sent the jerky it looks good !

I apologize for pissing in your bud light when I questioned you on your cattle. I assumed when you said this earlier it meant you raised cattle.

Insert quote:
They can have it. I'll raise my meat the old fashioned way. If certain states didn't try to dictate to the rest of the country how to raise livestock there wouldn't be such an issue.

A Proud Livestock Farmer from Iowa!

Who sent the jerky it looks good !
My wife sent the jerky to the freezer... :emoji_blush: . And it's not beef either... venison.

Ryan

I can support the science behind it and it's potential for extending the food supply. That said like many things I worry about how the shady powers that be could use it.

Reactions: JC in GB
According to that article, this "meat" raised in a stainless steel vat will cost about $20/pound. Are they yanking my chain?? They'd have to pay me to eat it. Since that will never happen, rest assured I'll starve before I'll ever eat any of that crap.
Sooner or later it will become law. The good news is.......I'll be dead.
Gary

According to that article, this "meat" raised in a stainless steel vat will cost about $20/pound. Are they yanking my chain?? They'd have to pay me to eat it. Since that will never happen, rest assured I'll starve before I'll ever eat any of that crap.
Sooner or later it will become law. The good news is.......I'll be dead.
Gary
Gary you underestimate the Yuppies I'll bet a good number of them will buy that crap any time they can afford it. It amazes me we used to be at the Farmers Market every weekend and I watched more than one pay 8-9 bucks a lb for "grass fed" hamburger and crazy prices for "pasture raised" pork and this was 5 years ago

Gary you underestimate the Yuppies I'll bet a good number of them will buy that crap any time they can afford it. It amazes me we used to be at the Farmers Market every weekend and I watched more than one pay 8-9 bucks a lb for "grass fed" hamburger and crazy prices for "pasture raised" pork and this was 5 years ago
Lots of folks will open their wallets to own trendy stuff.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky