Upgrade Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I tried to write up a post earlier and got this. A lot off errors, maybe caused by me? I’m not sure
385B5BFB-53F9-4C91-8D39-3B5901F822EB.png

Not meaning to be a nuisance, but the carousel still is not scrolling of it's own accord. It just sits there, even when the cursor is nowhere near it. Also agree that the pics look too "blown up" and are kinda fuzzy.

Agree that the red on brown background in the Alerts is hard to read.

I'll 4th the wish that the chat was not at the top of the page.

Overall though, I'll say that you have done an amazing job!! There is absolutely no way to make a site of this magnitude perfect for everybody that uses it. It's impossible. No matter how much time goes into something like this before it's rolled out, there are gonna be glitches. IMHO, they have been minimal and the admins have been all over fixing what they could as fast as they could. Kudos to all!!

Robert

Brian and Staff I just found another one,when I linked Pops brine it open that never use to happen as a premiere membership.Here is the post
Henry here is a post I did a few weeks ago,I used brisket for this one to make the Corned Beef that is the first stage after curing,It is smoked with a pastrami rub.
Richie
It is in this post

Well, I need to retract one statement. The carousel does in fact scroll through on it's own as designed. I just saw that there is a red "task bar" across the bottom that shows the progress of of the next thread coming up. It just takes longer than it used to take to scroll from one featured thread to the next.

Still learning,
Robert

I clicked on a post titled UDS PAINT JOBS The poster apparently uploaded a pic of his unique UDS paint job. Several have viewed the pic as they responded how good it looks. I see no pic nor do I see an attachment to click on.

I clicked on a post titled UDS PAINT JOBS The poster apparently uploaded a pic of his unique UDS paint job. Several have viewed the pic as they responded how good it looks. I see no pic nor do I see an attachment to click on.

I saw that "UDS PAINT JOBS" somewhere, but I forgot where the heck it was.

Bear

Ok, so I'm getting the same error as mentioned above when trying to make a post using an emoji. The emoji was selected from the group in the type box, not from the keyboard of my mobile phone or anything like that. As soon as the emoji was removed, it posted with no issues. To test this out, I edited the post while re-including said emoji and the error was immediately back.

Hope that helps

Just tried again , and got the error .
Dbl rocks glass with whiskey , thats a good one .

I do like the pause/play button for the carousel...but the carousel is unresponsive atm, just sits on the first slide.

I really, REALLY like the up/down arrow button that shows up on the right side of the screen that keeps me from having to scroll all the way up/down a thread to get to the top/bottom. I think it would be better if it was possible to make it "always visible" and did not require a tiny scroll up or down to make it appear. I realize you have to balance screen clutter with available features though. Can you make it appear when you hover over the right scroll bar?

Carousel rotates for me using Kindle. It is just quite a bit slower than original so time to read text along with.

If you mouse over it stops the progress bar , and starts it over . Even if you just swipe across . Look for the red bar at the bottom of the featured pic .

Another clue - but it's not working on my PC (Google Chrome/Windows 7 hold-out)
Im running the same here . Works for me . If you don't see the red bar , click the advance button , then see if it starts running . You have to keep the curser off the picture .

Everything seems to be working good for me---Just got a lot of new stuff to learn.
MacBook Pro ---Safari---High Sierra

Thanks for the Great Work, Jeff & all his Elves.

Bear

Morning.... Are you busy ???? Well, I find the "ALERTS" window difficult to read... If you could switch the RED letters and the WHITE letters, the Members name and the Thread description would be a lot more visible to these old eyes...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky