Upgrade Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great work so far on the upgrade folks!

Let me know when requests/enhancements times comes. I would like to make a recommendation for small CSS change in some areas where there is red text on brown/dark background colors. It can make the eyes do this :emoji_dizzy_face:

Other than that I'm poking around and learning all the new, different, and cool stuff that is out here and enjoying things :emoji_blush:

Great work so far on the upgrade folks!

Let me know when requests/enhancements times comes. I would like to make a recommendation for small CSS change in some areas where there is red text on brown/dark background colors. It can make the eyes do this :emoji_dizzy_face:

Other than that I'm poking around and learning all the new, different, and cool stuff that is out here and enjoying things :emoji_blush:

We'll certainly let you know. I think there's a bit of a push to have a dark theme so perhaps your request could be incorporated while we're making a dark theme.

Reactions: tallbm
We'll certainly let you know. I think there's a bit of a push to have a dark theme so perhaps your request could be incorporated while we're making a dark theme.

If you have a Dark Background with White Text, what happens when I go to copy a page or two on paper??? White Text on White Paper doesn't show up too good these days.:emoji_upside_down:

Bear

If you have a Dark Background with White Text, what happens when I go to copy a page or two on paper??? White Text on White Paper doesn't show up too good these days.:emoji_upside_down:

Bear

Bear, the current style you're on is something you can stay on or if you decide dark mode is for you, it's optional. We're not forcing anyone to use any style they don't like so they have two choices: light or dark. I hope you'll pick the one that you like better!

Bear, the current style you're on is something you can stay on or if you decide dark mode is for you, it's optional. We're not forcing anyone to use any style they don't like so they have two choices: light or dark. I hope you'll pick the one that you like better!

Thanks Steph!!
However I'm still wondering what happens if you try to print a page that has a Black Background with white text on white paper?

A White Sheet of invisible text???

I'm serious---I actually don't know.

Bear

However I'm still wondering what happens if you try to print a page that has a Black Background with white text on white paper?

Good question, and truthfully, I don't know yet. I'm transitioning to be paperless next year so I won't be able to test this theory out. Can you give me an example of what you'd try to print?

Also, you can switch in between themes at any time with a single button. So if it's an issue, you're not stuck with either theme.

Good question, and truthfully, I don't know yet. I'm transitioning to be paperless next year so I won't be able to test this theory out. Can you give me an example of what you'd try to print?

Also, you can switch in between themes at any time with a single button. So if it's an issue, you're not stuck with either theme.

Well Let's say I want to print a recipe that is White Text on a Black Background.
A non-computer brain (Like Mine) would say it would print white text on white paper.
In other words Nothing readable.

But if I could push one button to change it to Black Text on white background, I could just do that.

I know I have copied and pasted from Black backgrounds, and The text was missing on the page, until I change my Text color on my 'Puter.

Bear

In the mobile version it would be nice to reduce the size of the header banner if possible as it takes up a lot of real estate on phone. Pics in carousel looked zoomed in very large on both phone and net (win 10 / chrome) . Love to have an option for a dimmer back ground. For some reason the new format in general gives me a headache and messes with my motion sickness. Hard to explain but I spend a lot of time on here usually and now just a few minutes and I am quesy. Maybe I am just odd :)

Reactions: zwiller
The Vertical poem like posts are obnoxious as anything. And there is no reason for it when the whole right side of the screen is wide open blank white screen.

The Vertical poem like posts are obnoxious as anything. And there is no reason for it when the whole right side of the screen is wide open blank white screen.

Can you send a screenshot of what you're seeing? It shouldn't be that much space and if there is, we're aware of a bug on iPad at this time. Are you on a desktop? If so, what browser and operating system?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky