Update On My Wife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Prayers for her and you SF.
My daughter in-law has the same conditions and under going treatment. Second round today.
Prayers to you and your daughter in law. She will beat it.

Reactions: kit s
Prayers for your wife. This is beatable. Hang in there and be positive.

Seen the oncologist today. She does scans next week and starts her first chemo on the 30th. These will be weekly for approx 5 months.

We are both staying positive as is the oncologist.

Thanks for all the support from everyone here on SMF

Prayers sent.
My wife had stage 2, treatments were with chemo for 16 weeks. When the surgery was done, no tumor was present. The chemo done it’s job.
Then 33 days of radiation and she has no signs of cancer.
Keep positive, your wife will beat this thing.

Reactions: Fran and chopsaw
Positive thoughts winging their way across The Pond to you both.
You're her support & for you to be that, you need support too, so please talk to someone & let off steam.

Great outcome for your wife & yourself, ronf.

Rick.. just now seeing this as we were on vacation for 3 weeks without internet... PLEASE tell her that Charlotte and I are praying for a speedy and full recovery ... As for you.. hang in there brother and "LIVE STRONG" ... If there is anything I can do for y'all just let me know and we'll see what we can do ...

Love y'all and we are praying for all ...

I met a guy, in the chemo clinic, that had been fighting lung cancer for years.... A new chemo drug was tried... In 3 months, he was cancer free... New stuff comes along daily... That was almost 3 years ago...
It's a great age we live in...

Seen the surgeon today. Pathology report showed 3 of the 19 lymph nodes had cancer, she is at a stage 2. Her prognosis is good. Oncologist will decide how much chemo she will need either thru IV port or pills, radiation will be after she heals from the tumor removal.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support, it helped bunches.
Sorry to hear this sort of news.
My sister had cancer in most of her lymph nodes, she went to Stanford med. center in CA and had chemo treatments and the lymph nodes removed that was 30+ years ago. She has been cancer free and healthy ever since thank God.
I'll say a few prayers that your wife has the same outcome.
If your wife would like to speak with my sister I'm sure that she would be more than happy to speak with her.

Thanks everyone.

Couple women here in the resort have had double mastectomy's that are doing great.

Thank you all again from both of us.

Wish you both luck and a speedy recovery (like pregnancy, this truly effects both members).

Though this may not be the best place to post it, there is a study out there that looked at frequently eating smoked meats and the impact on cancers. It was not favorable for our hobby unfortunately (as is often the case when confirmation bias is sought). While I would always advocate for moderation with anything (even too much water is detrimental), when in treatment or recovery for cancer I might suggest she stay further away from the smoke and have the meat be a less frequent treat. I'm not trying to be preachy and sorry if it comes off that way. Just trying to give a bit of advice that comes from a knowledge base I have.
Again, best of luck to you both.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky