Made Good On My Promise.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Five years ago my wife took up quilting. Only did small quilts because we were in the RV. When she was going through the chemo/radiation i said one day i will buy you a long arm if we get a house. Couple months ago at a quilt show they had a vendor demo and selling long arm quilters, So i took some of my 401 out and bought her one. They delivered, setup and showed her some on the workings on a demo quilt.

She better get busy and figure out the computer part of it....I'm getting to old for all that now...lol

20221011_174110.jpg

20221011_174056.jpg

Man that's a kick a$$ setup and know that wasn't cheap.
Years ago helped a very good friend. Design and build and deep throat machine based on the old Singer cast machine. Stretched them out to 14" throat but you had to control speed with foot pedal and drive it manually on a X Y track roller system.

That can be worth it's weight in gold.
Across the street from the house I grew up in, and later bought from my mom, I had a friend that was an over the road trucker. His wife and him asked me my advice about buying a single-head embroidery machine. I told her in just about the same words, "what have you got to lose?" It didn't take long before she had that one and a four head machine to keep up with the demand. They formed a company and moved to a bigger house to accommodate the machines and supplies.
Homegrown custom needlework is in short supply..
I have a handcrafted quilted Christmas table center that was given to my wife and I 20 years ago from an old family friend. Irreplaceable.

Its going to be a learning curve for both of us. I have a vid of it running a program but cant load it.

Very nice and I'm sure she'll put it to good use once she figures it out. Or has you figure it out :emoji_laughing:

That's cool! And good thinking on your part...you're like the rest of us, not getting any younger and you moved farther north! :emoji_blush: Bet your wife does some great looking quilts once she gets it figured out.

Ryan

Thanks

Now i have to get some them brain memory pills so i can figure this stuff out....HA

That is really cool Rick!
Judy is a quilter too, and all her friends who quilt send their quilts out to someone with a long arm. NOT Judy, she said how can I say I made this myself if I don’t quilt it. So she figured out a way to quilt several KING size quilts on her Embroidery machine.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky