Two sons, Two ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I have two sons the youngest cane to visit on Sunday. He usually comes once a week, he only lives across the lake in Seattle. He usually requests pasta sauce, and something to put it on, he didn't request this time so I cooked what I wanted. Beef ribs with hickory smoke.
PXL_20220710_205406189.jpg

PXL_20220711_020047266.jpg

PXL_20220711_020506339.jpg

My oldest son visited last night, he doesn't visit that often. He too lives just across the lake, who knows why he doesn't want food free food. Since he doesn't come often I made a special dinner, plate ribs. These turned out to be the best I have made, they were truly remarkable, cooked on mesquite wood.

PXL_20220712_163337313.jpg

PXL_20220713_030739781.jpg
The small rack pulled at 195° and the larger one, the one we ate, was pulled at 200°.
PXL_20220713_031006802.jpg

We only ate one of the plate ribs, and the other will be used to make some brisket pizza this weekend.

I would cross the lake on a canoe for that!

PS do these look familiar to you?
520-84th.jpg
520-EG.jpg

PS....Bill Gates house is about 3 houses to the left on the lake from the upper left corner of this pic.....

520-KR.jpg

Reactions: Nefarious
both of them look great, congrats!
Thanks appreciate it.
Nice!!
I'll take a couple of those ribs over pasta every time!
I've made pasta sauce for them both for over 15 years. It is something everyone looks forward to. Thanks for your confidence.
Both of those look great.
Thanks, I liked them both too, can't wait to do it again.
I could definitely make a meal off either...or both, NICE, and great to have family over to enjoy...
Thanks, they were both great, and you're correct, family was better.
Yes sir bow this look great and I'm always looking for free plate rib meal 😅
It would be a long drive for dinner, we would welcome you for sure. Thanks
Thanks, appreciate your comment. Only problem with those lid's is we have to go to I 90 to cross the lake. They are now working on the Seattle side.
Outstanding job on those beef ribs bud!
Thanks, appreciate you

Reactions: 912smoker
Very nice job on the ribs, both sets. Sometimes it's fun to be able to cook what you want versus having to cater to somebody. I know I'd certainly not turn down either of those.

Heck, I'd d it in a paddle board...and my sense of balance is terrible these days. I'd take the chance though. BTW, great pics!!

Robert

Very nice job on the ribs, both sets. Sometimes it's fun to be able to cook what you want versus having to cater to somebody. I know I'd certainly not turn down either of those.

Heck, I'd d it in a paddle board...and my sense of balance is terrible these days. I'd take the chance though. BTW, great pics!!

Robert
Robert the canoe thing is kind of an inside joke.....the bridge in the pic I posted above is actually a “floating bridge”.....ie a canoe of concrete ( is actually a series of concrete pontoons linked together).... the one above is a recently new one but the old one was narly to cross in a wind storm! It would bounce all over the place and you would get water spray all over..... the original attempt actually sunk in construction during a storm back in the day....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky