Two Small Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ezmoney

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
GA
Coworker and I decided to smoke a couple of butts. We went to the local Piggly Wiggly and picked up a couple of small ones. $1.59/lb with some pre applied rub ....but they were $2.09 without the rub.

Threw a little mystery rub on 'em, warmed up the Holland and we were ready to GO!

Left them on 15-20 minutes per side and then added water to the drip pan. Let them cook undisturbed for an hour and a half with water in the pan. At this point I let the water out of the pan and let the smoke work.

About 3 hours into the ordeal I ran to the store to get some buns and when I get home to check the butts something is missing

My coworker came by grabbed the smaller butt...foiled it and took off!! I check the larger one..it was at 190 so I foiled it, toweled it, and threw it in the cooler for an hour. By that time I was sooo hungry I pulled it and began to chop before I realized I needed to take a pic . Sooo I stopped, washed up, took a pic and ATE!!! Quite good!

Even had leftovers for lunch sammies!

Very nice lookin butts EZMoney. So the total smoke time was 3 hours? How much did each one weigh, I can't read the label.
confused.gif

It went a little over 3 hours (maybe 3.5) and the butts were 3.4 and 3.8lbs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky