Two Legends!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Last year during Covid, I watched every episode of Green Acres. Loved it growing up, even the 1988 Return to Green Acres TV Movie. Interesting piece of info I got, Mr Haney's first name is mentioned in only 2 episodes. I never knew it in all those years. Eustis Haney for all of you that were wondering and do not have the time to sit through 150 + episodes to find out.

Mr Haney (Pat Buttram) was in Roy Rogers Flicks in his younger days.
He used to Drive Nelly Bell, the Jeep with a Mind of it's own.

Bear

Glen Cambell was a studio musician with the "Wrecking Crew". He was on very many top 40 including the Beach Boys.
Thanks to the OP for bringing back some awesome memories.
Here is the link for the Wrecking Crew documentary.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a long time ago that Roy Clarke couldn't read music, and that he was self taught.

Anytime I hear someone mention Glenn Campbell. This is what I immediately flashback to:

...and who remembers this young man:

Chris

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a long time ago that Roy Clarke couldn't read music, and that he was self taught.

Anytime I hear someone mention Glenn Campbell. This is what I immediately flashback to:

...and who remembers this young man:

Chris

Chris, I was just watching these again and can’t get over the Glen Campbell one where he’s with Tim Conway! Likely from the Carol Burnett show… Anyway, that just cracks me up when I see that… Tim Conway was a talent all his own!

We lost a great one last week, How many 3 man bands have you seen make it since the 50/60's? I tried to play a little guitar, I would never say I could play one though. While in the service a lot of closet guitarists were born...LOL Loads of great bands and names out there. Did you know Kris Kirstofferson was an Army officer, ( his Pop was a second generation swedish immigrant and rose to the rank of Major General in the Air Force), and a helicopter pilot. He wanted to meet and discuss is music future with Johnny Cash so he stole and flew an Army Heuy to Johnny Cash's home landed in the back yard to deliver so of his demo tapes. Did you know he was a Oxford "Rhodes Scholar", he has a PhD and was at one time the english teacher at the US Military Acadmey? His first major hit was "Me and Bobby Magee"? He like some many other greats like Glen Campbell started as a studio guitarist ( playing back up for many later to be great bands), while writing his own music and looking for a break.

But as to the three man band ( one of my most favorite), we lost Dusty Hill, Don't remember their name back when but they played a HS dance at my HS. ZZ Top. I think they were the first band they couldn't get a genre brand to stick. They were country, they were Rock, they were soul, they were western, etc etc etc.....

IMHO Tim Conway was like Red Skeleton, they both looked like they were having so much fun, you had to laugh with them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky