Two Legends!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all! I grew up listening to old country music when my folks and grandparents would get together most weekends and play cards... I treasure the memories, knowing what I know now... I’d have enjoyed them more as a kid!

Here is an example of two men that could absolutely play guitar... I’ve never played, but respect the talent.

Here are the two legends playing!

Even now I wished that I had even a little talent with music but I was terrible at every instrument. Roy Clark is definitely one of my favorites. 35 years ago I was in SD and Hank Snow and Grandpa Jones stopped near me and Hank says I was just getting back into the Opry and they send me to this godforsaken place.

Never missed an episode of Hee Haw and Ghost Riders is one of the greatest songs written.
Country music was not big in our house, Dad loved Classical. But POLKAS were big and Lawrence Welk was on every Sunday night. How many watched Sing along with Mitch Miller?😊...JJ

We watched Hee Haw all the time. Always enjoyed Roy Clark, and Glen Campbell on his own show. I watched the special a few years ago about his final tour, like 2016 or 2017. Even though he was very sick, he came to life during the performances. His voice and Guitar work were still excellent. Roy had a great career, should have been bigger because he was so talented. I also liked Flatt and Scruggs.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Roy was a phenomenal talent, he could play about any instrument. In that video, Glen is picking a 12 string guitar. Both are legends in music, not just country music.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Lawrence Welk
Hee Haw
Carol Burnett
Green Acres
Very seldom ever missed an episode. . .
Last year during Covid, I watched every episode of Green Acres. Loved it growing up, even the 1988 Return to Green Acres TV Movie. Interesting piece of info I got, Mr Haney's first name is mentioned in only 2 episodes. I never knew it in all those years. Eustis Haney for all of you that were wondering and do not have the time to sit through 150 + episodes to find out.

Great video Justin. I knew Roy Clark was a fantastic picker but, never having been a Glen Campbell fan, I sure didn't know he was.
Old country music is what I love and listen to.
Gary

Yea Gary, they were both very talented and phenomenal players.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky