Tri-tip roast for pulled beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
This was a Morten's pre-seasoned tri-tip roast.Done in the MES with a 12" tube of apple/hickory dust.

Usually not a fan of anything pre-seasoned but this wasn't bad at all.Put on a Portuguese bulkie roll with just a little bbq sauce.Sorry but forgot to take a pic of the actual sangie.

Attachments

• 20210515_150557_HDR.jpg
    20210515_150557_HDR.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210516_080152.jpg
    20210516_080152.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210516_080333.jpg
    20210516_080333.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 59
Aldis still had some so I picked up a couple of more for future cooks.Will do this again for my buddy's Memorial day party.

No one's gonna mention the fact that looks like no tri tip ever seen by working eye balls?? Lookin for some details lol :<)

The package says tri-tip roast.Here in southern New England anything with the word tri-tip on it is a rarity so when you see it you buy it.

This is what I bought:

Attachments

• tritip roast.png
    tritip roast.png
    250.6 KB · Views: 27
No one's gonna mention the fact that looks like no tri tip ever seen by working eye balls?? Lookin for some details lol :<)
The first thing that came to mind was that isn't a T.T. and T.T. doesn't pull because there isn't enough fat to keep it moist. Sure you can braise them down in a crock pot to shred, but they won't pull.
This is a tri tip.
1621340671399.png

The package says tri-tip roast.Here in southern New England anything with the word tri-tip on it is a rarity so when you see it you buy it.

This is what I bought:
I'm guessing that they haven't quite figured out how to trim them properly yet.

I'm guessing that they haven't quite figured out how to trim them properly yet.

This had quite a bit of fat.By the end of the smoke the pan in my MES was half full of rendered fat and that was after a little trimming to boot!

Reactions: forktender
Looks Great Norm!!
And a real nice Job too!!
Thanks for showing!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear,it really was pretty decent but as I'm beginning to learn that cut really wasn't a tri-tip.Now to figure out what the heck a tri-tip roast is!

Thanks Bear,it really was pretty decent but as I'm beginning to learn that cut really wasn't a tri-tip.Now to figure out what the heck a tri-tip roast is!

LOL---I can't help you---Around here Tri Tip is about as common as a BigFoot.

Bear

It couldv'e been the wider end of the T.T. roast where the butcher....butcher'd it and cut the tail end off.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky