Toy Land @ The Bear Den

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Toy Land @ The Bear Den

It’s a Good thing we quit Drinking Coffee here, because I’m just about out of room on my counters. We put the Coffee maker away!
We ran out of room in the drawers & in the cabinets a long time ago, so I had to resort to getting toys that can reside on my Counters.
I have a few others that got moved to the Basement, for various reasons, such as “Didn’t Work to good”, or produce too many calories.

The ones I’m showing here all work Great.

As for these Toys that work Great, I post a little review of each, and I post some Step by Steps in my Index, in case any of you get one of these Toys, you can always go to my "Step by Step Index" for some recipes & methods that worked good for me with each individual Toy.

I’ll just add any more info to the captions above each picture (Below):

Enjoy,

Bear

On Left: Our Power Smokeless Indoor Grill & Griddle. Works Great Makes Great Burgers & Tasty Steak, Kabobs, etc.

On Right: Our Air Fryer #360. Makes a lot of Great Stuff, especially Fries, Fish, Sausage, Steak, Roasted Taters, Pizza, etc, etc, etc.....
IMG_4672.jpg

On Left: Our Sunbeam 4 Slice Toaster. Works Great.

Back in the corner: Our Power AirFryer 3.4 Qt. Works Great, but only good for very small amounts of anything.

On the Right: Our Vacuum Sealer (Food Saver V3485).
IMG_4673.jpg

On Left: Our Sous Vide Supreme. Works Awesome!!

Center Above: Our Under Cabinet Black & Decker Spacemaker Can Opener. Works good, but I can't use it---Not enough room for my Big Paws under the cabinet.

Center Below: My Can Opener Hamilton Beach. Jury still out---Just got it.
IMG_4674.jpg

Center: My Cutting Board that Bear Jr made for me. Don't have the Heart to use it---Too Beautiful!!!
IMG_4675.jpg

I forgot to post this Picture, to show how really small our Whole Kitchen is.
In order to make the Kitchen bigger, I would need a Log-Stretcher!!!
IMG_3423.jpg

Last edited:
Brother I just put 2 new racks of shelves up to hold stuff,and I still have to carry sausage making stuff up an down the stairs.
Richie

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
Nice Collection, Too bad you don't know a cabinet maker who could build you a another area for more toys !!

Gary

Nice!! We have many too. I have most Dow in basement where we have mega cabinet space. I have to tell you Bear you are missing one of our most used and favorite toys , especially in the winter and that’s an Instant Pot. Use it so much we have two lol. Have you ever tried one,

Bought a Kitchener jerky slicer/quber and the wife asked me what was leaving to make room lol

Nice collection! You can never have enough room on the counter top. And I hate having it cluttered. Which drives the wife mad. When I remodeled the kitchen. One of my main goals was to have at least 10' of open counter top. On one end is a lazy susan I made that holds the our daily cooking weapons. And a couple other gizmos. And a coffee machine. That's it.

Reactions: chopsaw
As a carpenter I was real familiar with the Board Stretcher but not the Log Stretcher.
We did send an apprentice back to the shop to get a box of 16d Toe Nails, though...
(he and the Bosses wife searched for an hour. The Boss was NOT impressed)

Reactions: sawhorseray
Looks nice bear! We are in the same boat as many others...where to store stuff. Had a roommate in college who said " he that does with the most toys wins", and he wasn't talking about cooking gadgets but it fits.

Ryan

Reactions: Will Squared
I would be just as curious to see all the toys that you have relegated to the basement as "tried and failed" products LOL.

I know we all have several of those :-)

One of the big selling points to me was the place we bought in AZ has a hanger for pots and pans. Not that it did me much good, I still have to carry meat grinding and sausage gear in from the garage, but at least I don't have to break my back to get some stuff I need. Of course most of the cabinet are filled with glasses and dishes that NEVER get used. RAY
DSCN1549.JPG

We did send an apprentice back to the shop to get a box of 16d Toe Nails, though...
(he and the Bosses wife searched for an hour. The Boss was NOT impressed)

Oh yes. I spent years in the field with my framing belt on. Had to break in every new rookie like that. One of my favorites was to send them to the truck to get the radius chalk line for laying out those circular stairways.

Don't get me started taking kitchen pics though. When I designed this house I made sure we had a huge kitchen and an overabundance of cabinet space, counter top space, huge drawers, and a pantry large enough to be a bedroom. Didn't come close to filling it all up when we unpacked upon moving in. Well, that whole scenario has come full circle now that I'm so deeply embroiled in this forum. I'm now giving stuff away because there's no room to store it all. I had to completely rearrange the kitchen cabinets a couple weeks ago to make room for...whatever the heck it was I got. That took half the day but I managed to create enough storage for...whatever it was.

Still no such thing as too many toys,
Robert

• Haha
That's a hoot, Tex.
I hear you. I did all the stairs, including circular. Probably 400 sets of stairs by the time I retired. Nobody else could figure out arches, especially elliptical arches.
It was hard to get good help.
When I built my house I made all drawers full extension 75lb roll- outs.
My wife has relegated all of my smoking toys to the Spa House...
HER KITCHEN !

Last edited:
Reactions: sawhorseray
Brother I just put 2 new racks of shelves up to hold stuff,and I still have to carry sausage making stuff up an down the stairs.
Richie

Thank You Richie!!
I wish I could still make my own Sausage!☹

Bear

Nice Collection, Too bad you don't know a cabinet maker who could build you a another area for more toys !!

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Gotta get me a Log Stretcher!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice!! We have many too. I have most Dow in basement where we have mega cabinet space. I have to tell you Bear you are missing one of our most used and favorite toys , especially in the winter and that’s an Instant Pot. Use it so much we have two lol. Have you ever tried one,

I never tried one of them.
I don't even want to at this point.
Got no room, and I can't do steps too good, to the Basement.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bought a Kitchener jerky slicer/quber and the wife asked me what was leaving to make room lol

Thank You Mike!!
Exactly---I know the Feeling!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I feel for you Bear! I am a kitchen gadget fan as well. Not a ton of counter top space so stuff goes into the cabinets and basement. We like our coffee and make it everyday so we don't wast $$ buying it on the fly. So we have coffee maker and Keurig out at all times, toaster oven, toaster are all allowed to be on the counter top.

SV, air fryer, vac sealer, food processor, good knives, immersion blender etc..all get put away.

Nice collection! You can never have enough room on the counter top. And I hate having it cluttered. Which drives the wife mad. When I remodeled the kitchen. One of my main goals was to have at least 10' of open counter top. On one end is a lazy susan I made that holds the our daily cooking weapons. And a couple other gizmos. And a coffee machine. That's it.

Thank You Steve!!
The house we had before this one was twice as big, at 2900 Sq Ft on the main floor, and the kitchen was 3 times as big. In fact after living there for 10 years, we sill had 3 completely empty cabinets. Then we moved to this house with only 1500 Sq Ft, including the loft. So without any new toys the drawers & cabinets were already stuffed. The only thing left was "on the counter Top", and now they're crowded too. Anything that would go to the basement would have to get a ride up & down, because I can no longer carry things on steps, because I need to hold onto the railing. So we try to only put things down there that never get used, or rarely get used, like the Crockpot (3 or 4 times a year).
And BTW---Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great Collection Bear! And thanks for the reviews.

Here is what I had to do. This used to be my loading room and fly tying room. . . Oh how I have slid downhill!

The empty shelves you see in the photos have since been filled! Yikes!

Thank You!
No room left in any Drawers, Cabinets, Counter tops, closets, garage, or spare room.
And we don't use the Attic.

Bear

Not a problem here I just don't have all those toys but I do dream.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
It's my Big Kitchen Oven that never gets used, except for a couple top burners.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Sweet set-up Bear, but I'd still need room for the coffee maker. RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Yeah---7 years now without coffee. Never thought I'd lose my taste for that.
11 years without a cigarette. Wasn't Easy!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky