Toy Land @ The Bear Den

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Holy cow Bear!
You need more counter space.
How do you even prepare a meal?
I don't see a space big enough for a large cutting board.
You need more storage areas!
We use pot racks & that gives us a lot of room in the cabinets.
View attachment 431896

Hope this helps!
Al

Here ya go, Al:
Plenty of room for a Cutting board:
IMG_4521.jpg

I know how it is bear...although we have a decent sized kitchen the rest of our house doesn't have squat for storage space. From the outside our house looks big...a two story that sits on top of a hill, but inside not so much. Was my grandparents house where my dad grew up, abandoned for over 20 years when we decided to gut it and remodel it...and that was about 20 years ago. So we do what we can for storage. Two cool things we found...1st my grandpa's diploma from 1907, 2nd was a 20 gallon crock almost totally buried in basement cement floor, all but about 2 inches of top with a wood lid. Dad said grandma used to salt meat and store it there.

Ryan

Reactions: Will Squared
I know how it is bear...although we have a decent sized kitchen the rest of our house doesn't have squat for storage space. From the outside our house looks big...a two story that sits on top of a hill, but inside not so much. Was my grandparents house where my dad grew up, abandoned for over 20 years when we decided to gut it and remodel it...and that was about 20 years ago. So we do what we can for storage. Two cool things we found...1st my grandpa's diploma from 1907, 2nd was a 20 gallon crock almost totally buried in basement cement floor, all but about 2 inches of top with a wood lid. Dad said grandma used to salt meat and store it there.

Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
That was some cool finds you got there!!
We had this house built nearly 20 years ago, and we balanced what we wanted/needed in size with what we could afford. The kitchen is on the Small side, but the rest of the house is big enough for us, since it's only the 2 of us since we had it built. We're both over 70 years old, and we paid off our mortgage 4 years ago, so it may be small, but it's all ours. Kinda relaxing to think about. We've made due with the small kitchen for nearly 20 years, so we'll survive. The only problem now is it's too hard for me to move things around from room to room or closet, so it pretty much needs to stay where it is, but the thing is we spent most of our first year of marriage 12,000 miles apart, so I'm pretty sure we'll survive a small kitchen.

Bear

Reactions: Brokenhandle
LOL---After 20 years of Manufacturing Kitchen Cabinets I think I only installed about a dozen slide out cutting boards. I did NOT like cutting my top rail down!
Usually when somebody wanted one of them, I'd give them a nice size section of a Butcher Block Top---FREE of charge.

Bear
All of the drawers that line up are 'grain matched'. they are cut from a continuous board. The pull out cutting boards are cut from the same board in grain match. Cabinet doors are raised panel, European hidden hinges, back bevel- no pull.

Reactions: Bearcarver
Man I just ran across this thread. You have a lot of cool stuff Bear. One can never have too many cooking or food prep toys. How do I know this? Our home we bought 3 years ago has 2 kitchens - yep, I cheat. If I get a new gadget for the kitchen and don't want Jana to know I stash it in the barn kitchen until she pops up needing it and Wala! Here you go hun. Sometimes that works and sometimes it don't.

Now I think I have to start buying more stuff after seeing all your cool stuff (and the others who have posted their stuff) - This really is a sickness.....

Reactions: Bearcarver
Man I just ran across this thread. You have a lot of cool stuff Bear. One can never have too many cooking or food prep toys. How do I know this? Our home we bought 3 years ago has 2 kitchens - yep, I cheat. If I get a new gadget for the kitchen and don't want Jana to know I stash it in the barn kitchen until she pops up needing it and Wala! Here you go hun. Sometimes that works and sometimes it don't.

Now I think I have to start buying more stuff after seeing all your cool stuff (and the others who have posted their stuff) - This really is a sickness.....

Thank You Randy!!
That sounds like a Great System, and the times that work probably make up for the times that don't.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky