Toy Land @ The Bear Den

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As a carpenter I was real familiar with the Board Stretcher but not the Log Stretcher.
We did send an apprentice back to the shop to get a box of 16d Toe Nails, though...
(he and the Bosses wife searched for an hour. The Boss was NOT impressed)

Thanks Will !!
Yeah the Newbies always get the business.
In the midst of all my woodworking years, I worked in a Print Shop.
There it was sending a Newbie to get a bottle of "Ink Emulsifier", or a Box of "Halftone" Dots.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: Will Squared
Holy cow Bear!
You need more counter space.
How do you even prepare a meal?
I don't see a space big enough for a large cutting board.
You need more storage areas!
We use pot racks & that gives us a lot of room in the cabinets.
IMG_0964.jpg

Hope this helps!
Al

I feel for you Bear! I am a kitchen gadget fan as well. Not a ton of counter top space so stuff goes into the cabinets and basement. We like our coffee and make it everyday so we don't wast $$ buying it on the fly. So we have coffee maker and Keurig out at all times, toaster oven, toaster are all allowed to be on the counter top.

SV, air fryer, vac sealer, food processor, good knives, immersion blender etc..all get put away.

Thank You Clifish!!
All of our Cabinets & Drawers were stuffed full, way before the counter top was.
We're pretty used to it this way, but that's about it for new toys.

Bear

Might have to get rid of some baskets ,,, :emoji_thinking: .
I'm a believer that you need the stuff where you can see it , get at it easy . I do like my counter top clear as possible , but don't always work that way .

Holy cow Bear!
You need more counter space.
How do you even prepare a meal?
I don't see a space big enough for a large cutting board.
You need more storage areas!
We use pot racks & that gives us a lot of room in the cabinets.
View attachment 431896

Hope this helps!
Al

Yeah, I thought about hanging my Pots & Pans, but we don't have many, in fact they are all in that one cabinet to the left of the Stove, in Full Extension Roll-out drawers. So all that would do is free up one 24" cabinet.
And if you look between the oven & the white toaster, you can see a big white cutting board (standing up behind the canisters) that fits just about anywhere , including right in front of where i's standing in the picture above.
I guess we'll survive. It took awhile to get used to, because our last kitchen was 3 times as big as this one, in a house that was more than twice as big, but we don't need that any more.

Bear

When I built our kitchen I told the Cabinet Maker that I wanted a cutting board over every drawer set (6). He balked and we settled on 3. They really come in handy, especially during parties.

Might have to get rid of some baskets ,,, :emoji_thinking: .
I'm a believer that you need the stuff where you can see it , get at it easy . I do like my counter top clear as possible , but don't always work that way .

LOL---Those Freaking Baskets are all over the place, and as you can see the tops of all the wall cabinets are no exception!!!
The front 2/3 of the whole counter top is open, and it's easy to slide things around on the Peninsula, to get me all the temporary room I need for anything that comes up.

Bear

Those Freaking Baskets are all over the place, and as you can see the tops of all the wall cabinets are no exception!!!
I have the same thing . Standing at my kitchen island I can count 16 baskets without walking around .
I'm in the process of trying to gain some space and unclutter mine , and make it user friendly .
I found these at Lowes . Expandable wire shelf . 13 bucks . Fits a wall cabinet and works out well for me .
20200211_121205.jpg

When I built our kitchen I told the Cabinet Maker that I wanted a cutting board over every drawer set (6). He balked and we settled on 3. They really come in handy, especially during parties.

LOL---After 20 years of Manufacturing Kitchen Cabinets I think I only installed about a dozen slide out cutting boards. I did NOT like cutting my top rail down!
Usually when somebody wanted one of them, I'd give them a nice size section of a Butcher Block Top---FREE of charge.

Bear

I have the same thing . Standing at my kitchen island I can count 16 baskets without walking around .
I'm in the process of trying to gain some space and unclutter mine , and make it user friendly .
I found these at Lowes . Expandable wire shelf . 13 bucks . Fits a wall cabinet and works out well for me .
View attachment 432006

You would have liked the kitchen I built for my last house:
Had 3 Pie Cut Super-Susans, and 34' of Wood Edged counter top.
Roll-outs in all bases over 18" Wide.
Slotted Plate Rail all the way around.
Plus 9' of 84" Tall Cabinet on opposing wall..
All Natural Oak.
Wish I would have had a digital camera back then.

BTW: Had an elevator next to the kitchen Fridge that went down to my 2900 Sq Ft Cabinet Shop in the basement. 600 pound max, but I had 730 pounds in it. (My 24" planer).

Bear

Bear, this post gives me anxiety! LOL

I’m one of those people who can’t have clutter, or it will clutter up my life and my mind.

The only thing allowed in my counter is my knife block, the fruit basket and the toaster (although I really wish I could hide it)

I bought my husband a coffee maker for Christmas and I made him put it in his man cave out in the garage. LOL

Must be different up there .

probably! Lol.

Hardly anyone up here actually uses their garage to park their cars. It’s mostly a storage unit for snow blowers, shovels, lawn mowers, winter tires, tools.....
He’s the one that chose to build himself a space for himself. He’s got a little bar, a tv, and a game console.... it’s not fancy by any means, but it’s his space.

Bear, this post gives me anxiety! LOL

I’m one of those people who can’t have clutter, or it will clutter up my life and my mind.

The only thing allowed in my counter is my knife block, the fruit basket and the toaster (although I really wish I could hide it)

I bought my husband a coffee maker for Christmas and I made him put it in his man cave out in the garage. LOL

That's the way we were, while we had that huge Rancher with a giant kitchen.
That house was 2900 sq ft, with a 2900 sq ft basement, and a huge kitchen.
Then We had our Log House built with only 1500 sq ft, including the loft, with a 1300 sq ft basement, and this Tiny Kitchen. And I can no longer do steps without holding a railing, so the stuff has to stay where it is. We'll survive---We just had to make adjustments.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky