Took my 2 Big Chiefs to the next level........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
........of awesomeness.

Drilled some holes through the smokers floor to allow more fresh air to the bottomside of the AMNPS's.

Now the heating element's only job is to heat the smoker while the AMNPS supplies the smoke.

adymasuv.jpg

ymyne4u4.jpg

Note: the smoker is on sticks to allow fresh air up to the bottom side.
6u5udesu.jpg

6y5y4uge.jpg

pagymyhe.jpg

Tapayakin' from my iphone

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... Just had a FLASH..... some vegan group protesting the name of the smoker..... :head-wall: .......

It's way to early and not enough coffee.....

Curious,Have you ever checked the internal operating temp of your smokers, both empty and full? I used to have a little chief and it ran at around 165-170 without chip pan and 180-190 with a full smoking pan. Wondering if your temps will be diff. when using AMNPS vs loaded chip pan?

Curious,Have you ever checked the internal operating temp of your smokers, both empty and full? I used to have a little chief and it ran at around 165-170 without chip pan and 180-190 with a full smoking pan. Wondering if your temps will be diff. when using AMNPS vs loaded chip pan?
 Yes, when running with a chip tray, the chamber temp would drop each time I installed a new tray of chips. Once the chips got up to temp and started smoking, the chamber temp would go back up to the chamber temp I was running for that day.

When using a AMNPS which you would normally not remove, reload, etc,  there is nothing which cause the chamber temp to vary much at all, except when you initially install the meat or if you open the door.

Love these modifications you have done. I'm going to fish my Big Chief out and start right away in making the transformations.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky