Today's smoke session

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoked

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 14, 2006
Everett Washington
Okay, it's more then just pork, but mostly......

today was canadian bacon day, along with that I did the "what the hell" and tried out doing the pig candy, and of course then I threw on a peppered bottom round roast to cook med rare and thin slice and finish in au jus for french dips.....

all smoked with apple wood
29b16119_vbattach12346.jpg

ff2fffea_vbattach12345.jpg

913d8778_vbattach12344.jpg

long way's from normal....but I do feel okay today. that roast was nice and med rare when I sliced her up with that slicer......now it's all reheating in some au jus for french dip........ummmmmmmm along with fries and beer.......
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

one thing that got me....was the pig candy, not sure if I did it right......I figured it would get "solid" like a sucker....but it kept tacky, so did I use too much brown sugar? not high enough heat (did it with the rest at 225 and for 45 minutes), I ended up running all of it in the oven at 350 for 15 mins, then chill in the fridge later.....it tastes damn good, but I can't help but think....this should be like a sucker.....and it's not????? tastes good, but am I expecting otherwise?????????
icon_cool.gif

Mmm Mmm Mmm Smoked!!! Looks great and I'll take a samich too please
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Glad to hear your at least feeling better some days, I know your not back to normal, but hopefully soon.... you have my prayers as always.
smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky