Todays smoke...andouille...with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
Made another batch of andouille.

Cranked the MES to 100 after the cold weather trick. (pot of hot water inside for 10 minutes)

Loaded the amazen thingiee with pecan.

Put it in after 1 hour drying time.

Will raise the temps every hour 20 til 180.

When they hit 155 IT out they come for a cold bath and then bloom in the kitchen for an hour.

Then it's eating and vac packing time!!

fcac42ca_smokin001.jpg

3d977335_smokin002.jpg

The weather has finally started to melt the ice here, so I am off to the store to get supplies.

Going to make a screaming hot habanero sausage.

Last edited:
Here's the finish.

Made the chunks a little larger this time and added an extra tbs of cayenne.

Very good tasting, with a little heat.

I am happy!!!

0584cd8c_002.jpg

Nice chunky sausage Fpnmf, If and when I get around to making some andouille   I think I'll follow your lead and course grind it. it just looks better.

Nice chunky sausage Fpnmf, If and when I get around to making some andouille   I think I'll follow your lead and course grind it. it just looks better.
About 8 lbs this time. Thanks.

It took a lot of time to cut half of it into chunks about 1/4 inch.

Then coarse ground the other half and mixed it up.

I like the way it looks and consumes. Kinda chewy.

mmmmm Think I'll have some for breakfast.

Have a great day!!!

Craig

That looks great................ nice color and presentation. Did you use cure?

icon_cool.gif

Yes sir that some fine looking andouille there Craig. Now I also like the bigger chunks and so much I'm having a new plate made for my grinder since I can't buy one. The only thing I see wrong with your sausage is thats theres not that much of it. By the time you get started eating it it would be gone. Now thats a bad thing.

That looks great................ nice color and presentation. Did you use cure?
Thank you. Yes, used pink salt.

icon_cool.gif

Yes sir that some fine looking andouille there Craig. Now I also like the bigger chunks and so much I'm having a new plate made for my grinder since I can't buy one. The only thing I see wrong with your sausage is thats theres not that much of it. By the time you get started eating it it would be gone. Now thats a bad thing.
Thank you. Couldn't agree more. Had 8 pounds of meat. It started getting eaten right outa the smoker.

My 17 YO stops by and he is hungary. He is a big fella,6'1' and about 250. Between the 3 of us 4.5 pounds got vaced and into the freezer.

I made a huge breakfast too. Waffles,bacon,hasbrowns and eggs.

The rest is history. One piece in the fridge.

I am glad everybody likes it.

Hahahahahah took him on his first trip to Super H Mart too. He was amazed at all the things they sell. They had a little stand giving away

cheese and sausage. Asked about the sausage.. She rolls her eyes and points to the package. Had the boy try some. He did. Asked him if he knew what head cheese was. Then told him hahahahhahahha. He wasn't amused.

outstanding Q view, Craig!  if there's one thing that we all need, it's more sausage!  
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

especially liked the finish picture!  love getting to see the cross section there with the sausage cut. 

and that extra cayenne sounds like it was just the right addition! 

& LOL @ the head cheese introduction.   classic! 
icon_biggrin.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky