Tiny Bresaola

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cdn offroader

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
St Albert, AB
Tried a Bresaola, followed the recipe from Charcutrie(Rhuman and Polcyn) with the addition of cure #2 for the extended hanging. Was very simple and straight forward, trimmed eye of round roast, applied cure and seasoning(salt,sugar,BP,rosemary,thyme,and juniper berries), cured in a ziplock for 7 days, rinsed, dried, coated in more BP, and hung in my meat fridge for a little over 3 weeks. I grew a nice coating of white mold, and had an excellent flavor and was silky smooth to eat.

Enjoy the pics

Sliced thin

And drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice, delicious

looks great, nice job A pork loin is also great this way, paprika in place of juniper Barrie's, a Little smoky, called Loma

looks great, nice job A pork loin is also great this way, paprika in place of juniper Barrie's, a Little smoky, called Loma

Thanks for the idea BigRub, I actually decided to go with a lonzino for the next one. Got it in the cure right now. Came up with a few more to try out along with the Lomo. Karaj(Hungarian cured ham) and a Kassler Ham(similar to CB)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky