Started an elk bresaola

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nicely done, Cranky! That looks superb! A few days in the fridge will make it even better.

Is 39% dry enough for you?

Nope! Back in a bag for at least 5% more loss before I try it again. Great flavor, and real is melt in your mouth, but I want it a bit more firm in the center.

Nope! Back in a bag for at least 5% more loss before I try it again. Great flavor, and real is melt in your mouth, but I want it a bit more firm in the center.

Gotcha. I'm thinking 43% myself. I did find with the last one that a few days in the fridge after removing it from the bag evened out the texture nicely.

It done and delightful!

Almost a 47% overall loss and the flavor and texture is spot on for me. This elk is some lean stuff, almost zero visible fat, but still tasty.

Sliced it up thin to vac pack and enjoy over several weeks.

Made me a snack plate!

Right now, in the frig, I have a pork loin lonzino, and a pork loin cranky style curing, those should hit the UMAi bags this weekend.

Thanks for following along!

A few vac packs with 6-8 slices ready to go out to a few SMF members for field testing...

Sliced thin for 1 of 2 reasons...

1. Allegedly, this style of meat is "supposed " to be sliced thin to serve...
2. I'm stingy with my meat!

Y'all figure it out!

I bet that taste better than my screen just did.

sausage.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky