Time for more bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hell yeah Ryan that bacon looks outstanding. Cool smoker too! Wish I could find bellies around here for $1.99 lb where did you find those? BIG LIKE and great write up too!
Thank you, and thanks for the like, it's appreciated. Found the bellies at our local Fareway store, mainly in iowa but also maybe a couple surrounding states...not sure how far out they go. This was the first time I seen they had them. First 2 were 3.99 a lb, last 3 were 1.99 a lb. Had I knew they were decent bellies I would have taken them all

Ryan

Right on great post. Bacon at local Farmers market $6.99 lb so you are good to go.

Warren
Thanks Warren and thanks for the like, it's appreciated! Wife didn't complain at that price at all. Plus she also liked the fridge smelling of fresh smoked bacon!

Got a great woman!
Ryan

That looks amazing! I wish I could find pork belly for $1.99 a pound
Thanks electric and thanks for the like, I appreciate it ! I'll have to keep an eye out for more sales, I'll buy more

Ryan

I've lived in the southeast for so long due to the Air Force that I often forget about weather in other parts of the country. I admire your efforts and I love the photos of the path through the snow from your house to your smoker. I award you, sir, HUGE POINTS.
Thank you nails, and thanks for the like and HUGE POINTS, that cracked me up! Actually daytime temps were about 30 degrees without much wind so for us it's nice out!

And thank you for your service...that is even more appreciated!

Ryan

Nice job on the bacon Ryan!
It all looks god & thanks for doing a side by side comparison.
For me personally I have found that we like the dry cured, cold smoked bacon the best.
But we all have our own idea about how bacon should taste.
I use cure #1 & DDF calculator. It always comes out good.
But it's good that you tried all the different methods to see what you like the best.
The one thing about Pops brine is you don't have to mess with it, just put it in the brine & forget about it for a couple of weeks. The only thing I don't like about a wet brine is the bacon doesn't seem to get as crispy as with a dry cure.
Al
Thank you al and thanks for the like! I appreciate it. I have learned so much here from you and many others. Just hope I can return the favor and help others the same way. I enjoyed doing the comparison, never know till you try if you like something else better. Will have to pay attention to how pops crisps up, have never noticed it before but our son loves really crispy bacon.

Thanks again
Ryan

Beautiful looking bacon Ryan! Love that walk in smoker too!!

Like!
Thank you xray and thanks for the like, its appreciated. Don't always use the big smoker alot but it was free, and when not in use I can store my kettle in other side. Before the racks were put in my wife and son could both stand upright in it!

Ryan

I dont know what to say that the others havent. Bacon looks great and I really like that smoker. I like dry cure better thou.

Reactions: daveomak
Very nice looking bacon. Your smoker is awesome as well. Is that a converted cooler?

JC :emoji_cat:
Thanks JC, and thanks for the like I appreciate it! Yes it's a commercial fridge a friend got for me when he worked at a high school...they were gonna take it in for junk. The only thing that wasn't free was the angle iron I built the trailer out of. I had some but it wasn't long enough and I didn't feel like welding pieces together. Well that and the cast iron 3 burner in it...that was $ 5 on a sale.

Ryan

Nice Looking Bacon really nice ! I wish I could Find Pork Belly's around here especially at those prices.

Gary
Thank you Gary. I hope I can find them at that price again! That day I went in I was actually supposed to be picking up something for my wife from the meat counter and just happened to turn around, and what did I see? Pure luck but I'll take it!

Ryan

Looks great I wish I could find some that thick.
Richie
Thank you Richie and thanks for the like, its appreciated! Since it was the first time buying belly there I was kind of worried at first, was hoping it wasn't all fat. But ended up really good, with just a small bit being pretty fatty.

Ryan

Great stack of bacon, wonderful price on it, a all-time looking smoker, and a drop-dead gorgeous Dobie! What's not to like? I LIKE! RAY
Thanks Ray, and thank you for the like, I appreciate it! I have a real love for Dobies now. We put our red Dobie to sleep a year ago January, got teary eyed when my wife brought up the anniversary of it. But this not so little girl anymore has me wrapped around her paw too. Very loving and good family dogs, just need to be socialized at a young age. Still love our other 2 dogs just as much, ones 10 and his mom is 12.

Thanks again
Ryan

Reactions: sawhorseray
great looking bacon, nice right up.
Thank you and thanks for the like, it's appreciated! Learned almost all I know from people on this site. One other friend that found the fridge for me is the other...he also has one and have learned alot from him also. Hard to believe but when he first got married his wife said he could burn water! Lol

Ryan

Nice stack of bacon, great write up, and super cool smoker. Point for sure.
Thanks smokin, and thank you for the like, I appreciate it! I love the smoker as well, use my mes 30 for most small meals but the big one is good for things like this or smoking hams. Most smokes were done before I was a member here so not many pics of it.

Ryan

From here, it All Looks Great, Ryan!!
Nice Job, and Awesome Thread of what you did!
Nice Pics & Awesome Smoker!!
Like.

Bear
Thank you bear, and thanks for the like,it's appreciated! I'm only able to do this because of people like you and many others on here. I have learned alot and your step by steps are so easy to follow because of your attention to detail. And thanks for the compliment on my smoker, haven't spent enough time using it to have temps dialed in but in 30 degree weather it's much easier.

Thanks again
Ryan

Simply marvelous Ryan, thats one heck of a good looking stash.

Point for sure
Chris

Bacon all looks fantastic!! I must say I am envious of finding pork belly for $1.99 / lbs. I ever find that and the wife will be ticked because I’ll fire up our extra freezer and fill it LOL
Thank you jcam, and thanks for the like, I appreciate it. I don't have any extra freezers to fire up, they are all full. 3 fridge freezers, 1 upright freezer, and 3 small to medium size deep freezers, but once I get about 70 lbs of venison trim ground up will help! Seen 1/2 hams on sale for 99 cents lb and almost bought one...she said we have no room! She knows best I've heard! Lol

Ryan

Reactions: jcam222
I dont know what to say that the others havent. Bacon looks great and I really like that smoker. I like dry cure better thou.
Thank you Adam, and thanks for the like. I appreciate it ! I'm very honored with all the replies, couldn't have done it without this site! And thank you and all the other mods for all you do to make this such a wonderful site !

Ryan

Reactions: pc farmer
Simply marvelous Ryan, thats one heck of a good looking stash.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you Chris, and thanks for the like or point, I appreciate it! I know before the update it was points and now its likes, I believe, either way I appreciate it. Now just to keep track of the bacon so we don't run out...that would be bad!

Ryan

Also wanted to say a big thanks for all of the likes, I greatly appreciate it. I would mention you all by name but afraid I might miss someone, and don't want to seem ungrateful to anyone.

Thanks again
Ryan

Thanks wildwood for the like, it's appreciated! :emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky