Thought you might enjoy?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wayne b

Original poster
Oct 2, 2016
Being new here I thought you folks might enjoy some of the guides I use making sausage, mostly I have as others do tweek the ingredients to my own liking but it  great place to start.

I found 2 books that have some old and new styles of making what we all crave good eats!

1. Sausage & Jerky Handbook, By Eldon Cutlip (Many older styles of making good stuff)

2. Homemade Sausage, By Chris Carter & James Piesker ( Newer way of doing some things and a fresh look as well)

Please understand I have no horse in this race! I have a wife who is an Exe. Cheff and of all the books on cooking in our library I go to one of these 2 most every time!

Great for seasoned but excellent for a beginner looking to learn more great ideas. you can get them both on Amazon.

Being new here I thought you folks might enjoy some of the guides I use making sausage, mostly I have as others do tweek the ingredients to my own liking but it  great place to start.

I found 2 books that have some old and new styles of making what we all crave good eats!

1. Sausage & Jerky Handbook, By Eldon Cutlip (Many older styles of making good stuff)

2. Homemade Sausage, By Chris Carter & James Piesker ( Newer way of doing some things and a fresh look as well)

Please understand I have no horse in this race! I have a wife who is an Exe. Cheff and of all the books on cooking in our library I go to one of these 2 most every time!

Great for seasoned but excellent for a beginner looking to learn more great ideas. you can get them both on Amazon.
Yep, I use to go to Eldon's store all the time when it was in Kooskia, ID. sure miss it. I know it is in Spokane Wa, now, but just not the same. 

Yep, I use to go to Eldon's store all the time when it was in Kooskia, ID. sure miss it. I know it is in Spokane Wa, now, but just not the same. 
Now it makes sense, I called the other day to Eldon's to ask a ? and it was like out of 2 people I spoke with nobody had a clue!

Eldon & Karen just run the Dakotah site. Last time i talked to Karen she said Eldon has some medical issues and some of the workers bought the sausage store.

Eldon is a master sausage maker.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky