Thin blue rolling

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
U-m-m-m-m, let's see.  I'll be on his home turf.  All the guests will be their friends.......Yep, dirty tricks and sneaky, sounds like the order of the day.  Gotta go with the best tools in the box. 
lurk.gif
  First there'll be
beercheer.gif
 and then
th_Slab_of_meat.gif
with possibly some more
cheers.gif
then for dessert
th_INGardenbbq7.gif
.  Then the next day......
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif
th_HaHa7_ani.gif
biggrin.gif
.  After a couple weeks of that, we'll be planning for next year.

And it's only May.  What's not been mentioned yet is that there is actually another smoker in the mix, my son, who is also a decent hand when it comes to smoking meat.  Need I mention that he also lives in the Denver area, as well?  Now picture this, two young balls of fire whippersnappers just waiting to pick on the tired, old man who's driven 1422 miles just to be neighborly.  I'm traveling from sea level (maybe 30 feet) to their area, in excess of 5200 feet.  I'll be gasping for breath every step of the way to the Q and back.  And to top it off I drive a Diesel P/U
driving.gif
which is set up for sea level.  At Denver altitude, my truck does what we call "rolling the coal" (makes mucho smoke).  Needless to say, I have to keep an eye out for
police2.gif
 when I accelerate from a stop light.  I've blacked out some intersections, by accident mind you.  So, I have the enviro police looking out for me as well.  Can you see the pressure they're bringing on this old guy? 

Ain't gettin' no sympathy, am I?  Well, I still plan on getting some Fly Fishing in.....using some "secret" Washington Flies.......yes, they are barbless too.  Hey Dave, is that reservior done yet?

And it's only May.  What's not been mentioned yet is that there is actually another smoker in the mix, my son, who is also a decent hand when it comes to smoking meat.  Need I mention that he also lives in the Denver area, as well?  Now picture this, two young balls of fire whippersnappers just waiting to pick on the tired, old man who's driven 1422 miles just to be neighborly.  I'm traveling from sea level (maybe 30 feet) to their area, in excess of 5200 feet.  I'll be gasping for breath every step of the way to the Q and back.  And to top it off I drive a Diesel P/U
driving.gif
which is set up for sea level.  At Denver altitude, my truck does what we call "rolling the coal" (makes mucho smoke).  Needless to say, I have to keep an eye out for
police2.gif
 when I accelerate from a stop light.  I've blacked out some intersections, by accident mind you.  So, I have the enviro police looking out for me as well.  Can you see the pressure they're bringing on this old guy? 

Ain't gettin' no sympathy, am I?  Well, I still plan on getting some Fly Fishing in.....using some "secret" Washington Flies.......yes, they are barbless too.  Hey Dave, is that reservior done yet?
LOL---Kinda like the wise old tortoise acting warn out, so the young hare would get overconfident????

Oldest trick in the book!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky