The night that started bad but ended great Brisket and Pork smoke

Discussion in 'Beef' started by whitepony99, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Alright my night started bad as I stirred up a bees nest and got stung on my back..............OUCH. Darn thing still hurts

Anyways I'm smoking a 6.5 lb. Brisket and 2 6 pound pork shoulders. They went on at 3:30 am and thanks to the bee I have no pics of that here are some current pics

New chimney going on

[​IMG]

A lil TBS

[​IMG]

Smoker is hot

[​IMG]

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Keep us posted!

3. Ummmm first pics about 3 hours in, brisket is 137 internally and I haven't poked the pork yet   lol to see what its temp is [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Brisket is at 149, still haven't probed my pork yet. Here is a pic of that bee that got me and yes he is still stuck in my shirt

[​IMG]

5. My backyard oasis

[​IMG]

6. Brisket went up to 150 then back to 149 and is still stuck there. Pork is 151 and slowly climbing

I really have a tough time smoking brisket just when I think I understand it, it goes and does this oh well patience will prevail

7. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

looks like good going

8. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looking good!!

Nice oasis!!

Craig

9. smokinal

Yep the dreaded stall!

10. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Looking good, just grab a cold one and ride that stall out.

11. Alright stall has broke and we are cooking again

[​IMG]

12. We are coming up quick a degree every couple minutes

13. eddie b

eddie b Newbie

Good for you. I am stuck at +/- 145° for the last hour. Watching Tour De France and checking in every 10 minutes or so. At hour 7 right now.

14. smokinal

It will be fine just DON'T raise the smoker temp. to get thru the stall.

15. I ended up having to increase smoker temp because I started losing temp i still am fighting to see what gauges are accruate on my smoker

16. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hang in there !!!

We're with you!!

Bear

17. Alright I foiled it about 45 minutes ago and man what a temp jump I got........

Before foil Pork was at 170 and Brisket was at 161

After foil Pork is at 190 and Brisket is at 181

18. Thanks Bear I almost got her done. It has taken close to 10 hours to do a 6.5 lb. brisket and 2 6+ lb. pork shoulders

19. smokinal

Looking forward to the finish!