The night that started bad but ended great Brisket and Pork smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice spread thanks so much for watching

033194e7_IMG-20110717-00100.jpg

I will say this before I wrap this thread you all are my friends what I have learned from everyone on here has made me a decent smoker. I still have alot to do but experimentation is a part of our hobby and learning the tricks of the trade from you guys has made this hobby more fun for myself. I want to say a special thanks to Bear, luvformypit and SmokinAl, you guys have taught me to ride the stalls and keep the lid closed, most of all patience. I could have never cooked this much food and cook it well without all of your help, you are all my friends and I thank you all.

My Briskie was moist and pork was tender, still room for improvement but it was really good and the fam loved it

Thank you all

I'm glad it turned out good for you & the family. It looks delicious in the photo's, great smoke ring!

Thanks Al it was amazing, I think I am finally getting a good grasp on this thing. One thing though day 2 with the brisket its dry any ideas on how to moiten it up for day 2 and beyond. I thought of maybe cubing it and cooking it with bbq sauce but i dont know.

Thanks Al it was amazing, I think I am finally getting a good grasp on this thing. One thing though day 2 with the brisket its dry any ideas on how to moiten it up for day 2 and beyond. I thought of maybe cubing it and cooking it with bbq sauce but i dont know.

Did you make an au jus with the drippings? If you did you can nuke it with some au jus & it will be better than the first day.

Whitepony,

Like Al said, I like to add the following with my Brisket, when I foil it. Then the meat juice adds itself to that.

Then I de-fat that, and it becomes my au jus.

My Brisket is actually better the second day that the first, because the fat hasn't been removed until hours later.

This is only for a 4 or 5 pound flat:

Foil mixture:

Apple juice----------------------------6 ounces

Kens Teriyaki Marinade------------1 ounce

BBQ Sauce (your favorite)---------2 ounces

You can put more in with a bigger Brisket.

Or mix up your own concoction---This is my favorite so far.

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky