The newest of the FNG....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

levithan9

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 7, 2016
Houston, Tx
Mark here

Typing live from Houston Texas. (The Woodlands to be exact)

Used to be a good grill chef when i lived in an apartment, but life took over when me and my wife moved into a house.

I bought me a 30" Masterbuilt smoker this past March, and smoked everything I could get my hands on.

I work as an automotive tech, so summers are usually balls out, and the Texas heat is so unrelenting, I usually don't do any cooking.I'm the one usually smoked by the time I get home.

Anyway, taking my side work money, I bought a sausage stuffer, a Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator, food slicer, meat mixer, and a meat scale.

My wife thinks i'm crazy, but hey, you married me, so live with it.

I helped my brother move from Washington state to Kansas City, Mo. And when we stopped in Montana to fuel up, the gas station had a HUGE isle of beef jerky. I bought like $100 worth, and when I got home, everyone got addicted to it. Problem is, it's so damn expensive here. I small 5oz of jack Links costs like $7.

That's when i decided to try my hand at it.

I've made alot of snack sticks and regular jerky. Everyone like it, but I feel i can do better.

I've made smoked chicken, 2 pork shoulders, cheese, ribs, brisket, and turkey (Breast)

I'm still not happy with my results, and I feel i can do a lot better.

But everyone else thinks it's the s**t.....like in a good way.

Anyway, that's my story. I've been here for several months...getting ideas, recipes, and tips. Just figured it was time to join the crew.

Happy to be here....

Mark  (Levithan9)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky