The New Rig - Double Smoker Gooseneck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

caublecustomfab

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Salisbury, NC
Getting started on the new BBQ rig. Working on this one in between other projects so it may take a while to complete but since I know I enjoy looking at all the other build threads I wanted to share the progress with you guys. I'm not going to list a lot of details at this point because I'm designing a lot as I go.

Last edited:
Oh Boy....I finally get to start watching and learning from the beginning of one of your builds. Naturally I might as well start off with a question! FB on the bottom, warmer on the top but I don't understand the transfer of heat/smoke or even if that happens. Could you help me understand that part. On your other build I could grasp the warmer part. I truly appreciate your skills... Jerome

Alaska if u look at one the final images of the firebox, u will see a semi circle cutout. The cook chamber isnt in any photos yet, but the cutout will feed it and the hole in the warmer box will have a dampener on it allowing heat in from the cook chamber.

Oh Boy....I finally get to start watching and learning from the beginning of one of your builds. Naturally I might as well start off with a question! FB on the bottom, warmer on the top but I don't understand the transfer of heat/smoke or even if that happens. Could you help me understand that part. On your other build I could grasp the warmer part. I truly appreciate your skills... Jerome

UGA Fan beat me to it, but he is correct the smoke and heat will be drawn through the 8" hole from the main cooking chamber. I will add a damper to open and shut the opening and a separate stack on the warmer to control the draft.

The smoker is looking great!! The only thing that concerns me is the drain in the warmer box. It will drain onto the rf plate back at the end of the firebox. I would be concerned with flare ups from it. Maybe u could install a pipe that will transfer the grease farther down the plate before it dumps the grease out? Like some 1/2" black iron or something.. Just a thought

The smoker is looking great!! The only thing that concerns me is the drain in the warmer box. It will drain onto the rf plate back at the end of the firebox. I would be concerned with flare ups from it. Maybe u could install a pipe that will transfer the grease farther down the plate before it dumps the grease out? Like some 1/2" black iron or something.. Just a thought

Good point. That should be an easy fix if it turns out to be an issue.

Last edited:
Yes it would be.. U could tack the pipe in place and let it run directly on the rf plate. U could take it all the way down the plate if needed.. Good luck!! It looks as if im just south of u. Where are u buying ur steel from. Im trying to find a supplier so I can start my build.

Looks great!

At first I thought you were making a metal smoke house, then saw the last picture on the first post. Going to be an impressive rig anywhere it goes.

Nice rig man. I just finished a stumps clone and posted some pics this morning. It's under the thread called, Mongo. I think what you've got there is the Double Mongo Deluxe. Nice job.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky